Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old tradeline missing from TU, how to sync / add

tag
eliteproxy
Valued Member

old tradeline missing from TU, how to sync / add

My oldest card is a Disocver card.. i let it go inactive and they closed it. However, this is how it shows on my credit report

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 7.09.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-15 at 7.09.47 PM.png

I called Discover and they can't report the tradeline since its too old.

Transunion said they cant do anything about it either.

This effects my credit history lenght. how can i have TU reflect this tradeline like EX and EQ are doing?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: old tradeline missing from TU, how to sync / add

Last update was 03/13. It appears that 03/23 will be the 10 yrs deletion timeframe and the account will fall off. That 10 yrs can come sooner and early deletion does happen. Like in your case.  Some CRA's delete things early also. Sometimes things fall thru the cracks and accounts stay longer than 10 yrs. I wouldnt dispute it. Dont want Disco to remove the others that reflect the account if they updated. Hold on to the 7 months thats left. Good thing is. Once its gone. No more "closed by credit grantor" will be on your reports. So there's a good and bad.

You could pull your real reports from annualcreditreport.com and take a peek at what they say. Its free. Might be the CMS your using doesnt display it.

Message 2 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Unfortunately you're at your tail end of the 10 year reporting period. TU just decided to close it right on time. EX and EQ for whatever reason didn't. There's nothing you can do, I'm afraid. It's bound to fall off EX and EQ at some point in the near future as well. 

@FireMedic1, "Closed by credit grantor" comment doesn't mean anything. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 8
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

If you want your oldest account to keep reporting you can't let it get closed. Or if you do, then you have ten years more or less and then it is gone. Just how it is.

3/3/24
Message 4 of 8
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@eliteproxy  I do not see on the screen shots you have provided that the account is closed.  There is no date closed being reported by either of the two bureaus.  The status of the account is paid as agreed of the account is closed you would see paid. You would see the status of paid. The account appears to be open. Confirm with Discover. If so go use the card that will fix the inactivity etc.

@OmarGB9  There are three ways an account can be reported as closed

Closed by consumer  Closed by creditor grantor or Closed  The first two tell you closed the account the last one a generic closed. Closed by grantor can be considered derogatory because most not all of the time it is for a negative reason.  Closed by grantor with an activity remark would not be considered derogatory.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 5 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@AndySoCal wrote:

@eliteproxy  I do not see on the screen shots you have provided that the account is closed.  There is no date closed being reported by either of the two bureaus.  The status of the account is paid as agreed of the account is closed you would see paid. You would see the status of paid. The account appears to be open. Confirm with Discover. If so go use the card that will fix the inactivity etc.

Closed by consumer  Closed by creditor grantor or Closed  The first two tell you closed the account the last one a generic closed. Closed by grantor can be considered derogatory because most not all of the time it is for a negative reason.  Closed by grantor with an activity remark would not be considered derogatory.

@AndySoCal  

Closed by grantor is not considered derogatory  of course unless the account was negative to begin with and stating most times is for a negative reason is not correct. I have well over a handful that were closed due to inactivity and it doesn't hurt my profile one bit . This happens a lot for inactivity and it not considered negative with a closed by grantor remark .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

@AndySoCal 

Yes I'm well aware of the different closing remarks. But whether it's closed by the consumer or the creditor grantor does not affect FICO, nor will lenders "see it and think badly" of a consumer. And I don't think closed by credit grantor happens for a derogatory reason "most of the time." I'd say it's probably nearly an even split between being closed by the lender for inactivity (not a bad thing) and being closed by the lender for derogatory reasons.

It could also be closed by the lender because the card was simply discontinued/sold to a new lender and the new lender is opening up a new TL (again not a bad thing).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 8
eliteproxy
Valued Member

Discover said they can't even find a record of the card which the rep suggested its so old they delete the record. TU said there is no way they would add it (and more i think about it they have no reason to).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.