Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pfd response. what should i do now?

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

pfd response. what should i do now?

I have 2 medical collections and 1 cox account that is listed as 3 seperate entries (1 for last month of service, 1 for modem, and 1 for cable box)  I have attempted to pay cox, but they refuse payment and stated that i had to pay equidata.  i also attempted to pay the doctors, but they say they cannot accept payment. all of the parties stated that equidata owns the accounts.  I dv equidata, and they responsed by sending me all of my old bills from cox as well as my 2 doctor bills.  (these were from the remaining copay that the insurance wouldn't pay)  i dipsuted it online with all 3 cra and they've all come back verified.  I've mailed (twice), faxed (twice), and emailed pfd letters.  the mailed pfd's came back denied.  The faxed pfd came back that I had to call the office.  The emailed pfd got the following reponse:

Our office received your email regarding the above referenced account.

Please be advised that the above account will be removed after payment in full is received within 30 days from today’s date.

Once the account is paid we will send out a request the following Friday to all 3 bureaus to have it removed and it takes the bureaus 30-40 days to remove the account.

You can pay by phone with check no charge, MC/VISA, Debit (MC/VISA logo) or mail your payment to Equidata, Inc. PO Box 6610 Newport News , VA 23606 .

You can call our office anytime Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. EST to pay your account or if any questions

Federal law requires we inform you this is an attempt to collect a debt by a debt collector and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

Thanks

xxxx xxxx (i removed her name)

Vice President/Collection Manager

Accounts Receivable Management Svcs.

Equidata

I sent the following follow-up email:

Hello Ms. Eaton, please mail me a letter on your company letter and signature of an authorized representative of your agency with such said terms.  Please mail to: removed my info.

her response was:

Our company does not mail out a letter to state that we will remove an account once it is paid, so that is why I emailed you to confirm we received your request and let you know that once the account is paid in full it will be removed. This has also been documented on your account in our system.

Please call if you have any questions regarding this matter. As I mentioned in my earlier email, that as long as the account is paid in full within 30 days from 2/25/08 it will be removed.

Federal law requires we inform you this is an attempt to collect a debt by a debt collector and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

Thanks

xxxxxxxx (i removed her name)

Vice President/Collection Manager

Accounts Receivable Management Svcs.

Equidata

what should i do now? i have to pay these accounts regardless, but i really need to get it deleted. i've been trying to get them to delete for 8 months now. when i mail the payment, i was reading that i should include a restrictive endorsement on the back of the cashiers check/money order.  should i also mail a cover letter, restating all of the terms of the agreement?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pfd response. what should i do now?

what is the SOL?   DOLA?
Message 2 of 11
treschic
Frequent Contributor

dola= 2006 for all
these were all acquired in va, but i now live in md.
i was reading that medical sol is different depending on the state. so for that i dont know
not sure what cable service falls under as far as catagory.

as i was stating in my previous post, i am not worried about being sued, becuase regardless, i still have to pay all of them.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you DV them ???   When you put in cable  the box & everything is on 1 bill......I do not know for sure BUT  it looks as though they have made it into 3 bills which may be against the law.  Whoever the CA is from cox?

Someone else will need to advise you about the email PFD........IMO  I would not accept it. but thats just me.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-25-2008 02:59 PM
Message 4 of 11
treschic
Frequent Contributor

I have 2 medical collections and 1 cox account that is listed as 3 seperate entries (1 for last month of service, 1 for modem, and 1 for cable box-the modem/month of service are 2 seperate entries, but both have the same account number the cable box has a seperate account number, which i've spoken with cox about and these are correctly 2 seperate accounts)  I have attempted to pay cox, but they refuse payment and stated that i had to pay equidata.  i also attempted to pay the doctors, but they say they cannot accept payment. all of the parties stated that equidata owns the accounts.  I dv equidata, and they responsed by sending me all of my old bills from cox as well as my 2 doctor bills.  (these were from the remaining copay that the insurance wouldn't pay)  i dipsuted it online with all 3 cra and they've all come back verified.  I've mailed (twice), faxed (twice), and emailed pfd letters.  the mailed pfd's came back denied.  The faxed pfd came back that I had to call the office.  The emailed pfd got the following reponse:
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

save the emails!!!!

If you have ever seen an expanded email header it can be 'proven' as to where it originated.... so it will hold up inder scrutiny.

I would pay - they are agreeing to delete and it is someone with enough authority to back it up.
Message 6 of 11
treschic
Frequent Contributor

thanks for replying.
Message 7 of 11
namron77
Valued Member

I also have a collection with Accounts Receivable Management. Could you share with me who you contacted to get the approved PFD. If you're not comfortable with posting it, could you message me? Thanks.
Message 8 of 11
determine2win
Valued Member

Where did you find the email address for Equidata?

Starting Score: May 08 580-TU 605- EQ >
Current Score: Mar 09 643-TU 646-EQ>
Current Score: June 10 660-TU 677-EQ>
Goal Score: 720>

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

ditto, anyone?

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.