Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help with validating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

please help with validating

i am new to myfico(and btw i already see myself becoming a fico junky) any how here's the sitchu. I checked my experian credit report a few mopnths ago found 2 collections on there one for 850 dollars and another for 500. i disputed online with experian and got a letter saying the info was validated.so i the called ca myself and they gave me info over the phone about the original creditor. i called them and found out they were a telephone company in pennsylvania. I have never in my life lived in pa. I have only lived in MA and NH. any suggestions???? i have read most topics but couldnt find one that really related to this situation. so any feed back would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: please help with validating

This might be helpful. After a CRA verifies a debt that you know is not yours you can write a MOV (method of verification) letter with an ITS (intent to sue) letter or combination of the two in one letter. In the link below you find a sample letter from one of myfico forum's moderators, Tuscani.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: please help with validating

mestartnova wrote:
i am new to myfico(and btw i already see myself becoming a fico junky) any how here's the sitchu. I checked my experian credit report a few mopnths ago found 2 collections on there one for 850 dollars and another for 500. i disputed online with experian and got a letter saying the info was validated.so i the called ca myself and they gave me info over the phone about the original creditor. i called them and found out they were a telephone company in pennsylvania. I have never in my life lived in pa. I have only lived in MA and NH. any suggestions???? i have read most topics but couldnt find one that really related to this situation. so any feed back would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Send a DV to them and be sure to mail CMRRR. copy link,in blue, ADD for validation send complete documention including signiture and complete account history.AND tell them that it isn't yours!

DO NOT sign it!!!!! just type your name and address.

read this thread & put everything it says in the letter (name of creditor amount & stuff) and add what I told you.

Copy letter and everything.

Also MOV the CRA

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-30-2007 03:35 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.