cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

several credit report questions...please help!

tag
tpayne105
New Contributor

several credit report questions...please help!

Thank you in advance for helping.  I know this is long but I always get GREAT information in here!

I was looking over my credit report and noticed several credit card accounts listed. 

1.  My first question is:  If a Collection Agency buys an account and under their listing on the report, it is listed as opened on 4-5-2003....does that usually mean that is when THEY purchased the account from either the original creditor or another agency?  And is THAT the time the SOL starts?  It is my impression the SOL (4 years here in Texas) begins once the ORIGINAL account becomes delinquint (or when it is placed for collection by the original creditor).....is that right, on both accounts?

2.  Another SOL question:  I have a listing for LVNV Funding (I think it is an old credit card).  WIth this listing, on the Equifax report, the account is listed as Last Active and placed for collection on 5/2001---on the Experian and Transunion reports, it is listed as Last Active and placed for collection on 6/2007.  To me that is really weird and odd....How could that be????  They are totally different....I am pretty sure this card at least as old as 2001.   On the Transunion report, it also states this is scheduled to be removed in April of this year....so it is best I dont do anything with it, right???  Although the date it was placed for collection is really out of whack.

I know this is long worded but if anyone can answer the questions, that would be really helpful. 

I do appreciate your time and advice...

Thank you 
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
miay2k4
Contributor

Re: several credit report questions...please help!

Someone correct me if I am wrong but the best way to find out what your DOFD or DOLA is to contact oc and find out the exact date your were 60 or 90 days late and that should give you your dates.  Then you get your SOL from there.

07/2009 TU: 610 EQ: 566 EX:??
12/2009 TU: 626 EQ: 588 EX:??
05/2011 TU: 638 EQ: 622 EX:??
"Don't get caught up chopping wood to the point you forget to sharpen your axe"
Message 2 of 9
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

It doesn't matter if it was purchased by someone else the DOFD shouldn't change, if it does you need to DV the company that owns it now. It sounds like you need to DV in both cases.

As to the second question that's totally up to you since it's falling off in April, but I don't trust these junk loan/account buyers who do a lot of reaging and changing DOFD etc. There are posters on here who are pros at this, just offering my opinion. Good luck!
Message 3 of 9
tpayne105
New Contributor

The problem I have run into tonight is that since the company I had the card with has sold out to another banking company (MBNA to someone, First USA to someone).  I called the number I had for 1st USA and they told me I had to write the correspondence dept....
Message 4 of 9
tpayne105
New Contributor

Can the credit report agencies tell me when the DOFD was?  It is not always listed on the CR's....
Message 5 of 9
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Then you need to DV to the address they gave you, and you need to send it CMRR, that way you have proof, they have to respond. All the CRA are doing is reporting what's been reported to them, thus why you need to DV whoever owns the account now. Trust me I'm right where you are, and I've done the DV CMRR and I'm waiting for them to respond, it's process, but it's the best route to go in your case. Asking the CRA won't do much, and if you ask them to validate the debt nothing prevents the junk loan buyer to just check valid, trust me the one I am dealing with told me that's all he's going to do, thus why I DV him. But please DON'T call and talk to them GET the exact address (which should be provided on your CR) and DV them. At leas that's what I suggest you do.
Message 6 of 9
miay2k4
Contributor

Possibly but I beleive you would have to dispute just to get an answer. If you can contact the oc somehow let them know that you dispute the ca and you ITS, but you need that important info.  I did it on a charged of acct and the oc ended up giving me all the info I needed.
07/2009 TU: 610 EQ: 566 EX:??
12/2009 TU: 626 EQ: 588 EX:??
05/2011 TU: 638 EQ: 622 EX:??
"Don't get caught up chopping wood to the point you forget to sharpen your axe"
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you print and save copies of your CR's so if you run into problems with the one that is reporting differently on some you at least, if you get no info from CA, can show they reported differently for different CRA. I just called the CRA's 2 days ago asking for DoFD and DoLA for my CA's and when they gave me the crap dates I opened disputes and then immediately sent out DV's to the CA's.

Message Edited by litchloath1 on 02-01-2008 10:05 PM
Message 8 of 9
tpayne105
New Contributor

bump...just wanted to see if anyone else had ideas about this...

Thank you very much

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.