Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax lien removed and score dropped

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

tax lien removed and score dropped

Hi....I'm confused.  I disputed a tax lien that belonged to my exhusband and it was removed from my transunion report.  I repurchased my fico score to see how much it improved my score but it dropped from 635 to 622!!!  I did the repurchase right after getting the email about the results of my investigation so would requesing a new score so quickly have anything to do with it?  The lien is gone on my report (the my fico report) and nothing else has changed on that report otherwise....any insight??  thank you!  Lucy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: tax lien removed and score dropped

Was it your only PR? If so, I'd say you were re-bucketed.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that was my only public record.  What does re bucketed mean?  Thank you for your response!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO puts people with similar CR in a bucket and ranks them against one another.

Before you were likely in a bucket with others who had PR.

Now, you are likely in a bucket with others who do not have PR.

Do a search on "buckets", "rebucketed", or "score buckets"........terms like that.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks sidewinder...I did look up rebucketed...*sigh*  oh well...another bump in the road...I have to say I was suprised though...I sat there waiting for my score to jump up and boom down it went!  Thank you for your fast replies...at least I won't spend all day at work wondering what the heck happened!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebucketing is usually a good thing. Maybe doesn't seem like it is in the beginning, but is in the long run.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, I can see how that would be.  I have a few other things that I'm waiting to be fixed and paid and drop off so I'm sure my scores will see more ups than downs over the next few months.  Thanks again for your help.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.