Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turned down - how to get free report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

turned down - how to get free report

Business loan turned down b/c they used personal history....I have several large accounts that have never been late but I guess they report on a business thing or something but I thought I would use this oppurtunity to get another credit report... Do I have to wait on the letter from the lender or can I go ahead and request it? 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: turned down - how to get free report

You could try annualcreditreport.com and get a copy for free from each CRA. You can only do this once a year. Pre-MyFICO days I would call each CRA and tell them I was turned down for credit and they would mail a copy, no questions asked. I don't know if it that easy now.
Message 2 of 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: turned down - how to get free report

@Anonymous wrote:
Business loan turned down b/c they used personal history....I have several large accounts that have never been late but I guess they report on a business thing or something but I thought I would use this oppurtunity to get another credit report... Do I have to wait on the letter from the lender or can I go ahead and request it? 

You can get a free credit report once per year, or if you have been turned down for credit, or if you are about to start searching for employment.

Don't wait on an adverse action letter from the FI, because they are not obligated to send you one, seeing that you applied for business credit. The laws are quite different for business credit than they are for personal credit.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.