Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the fastest way to fix my mess?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is the fastest way to fix my mess?

4 years ago i worked on an oil rig, i made 80k a year.  Then 3 years ago my wife wanted me to quit so i did and got a job at a factory making 50.  We had a house and perfect credit for the most part.  2 years ago we fouond a repo for 140 so we put our house for sale and got an offer.  we then made an offer on the repo and bought it.  the closing went very fast.  after we closed our other house deal fell through.  rather than trying to rent it we kept trying to sell until all our savings were gone.  Now it is being rented.  I had to do all upgrades to our new house because my savings were being sucked up by the other house.  anyways do to bad planning on my part and high utilities i could not afford to pay the credit cards as of 8 months ago and my credit score is now a 476 or so.  3 months ago i went back to the oil rig and am now making 140k.  I owe total about 24k in revolving credit.  which i can have paid off in around 3 months.  What steps should i take to get my credit score back up as soon as possible?  I only have 2 collection accounts on there but alot of late payments.  The collection accounts will both be paid within the month and then i am working on the rest.

I am trying to get a vehicle loan for around 25k but it looks impossible

Thanks for any help
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what is the fastest way to fix my mess?

PFD the collections first.  It will take time to get a response from them.  Pay off the debt as fast as you can to get your debt to income ratio in good standing.  If any of the other bills have been late send a GW to the companies.  You can probally still get the car loan but for a really high interest rate........  Be patient and wait on the car a few months
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what is the fastest way to fix my mess?

Big mess-

Get the revolving balances down-
Pay everything on-time and stay on time.

PFD the collections
Send GW letters for valid lates-

martha wrote:
4 years ago i worked on an oil rig, i made 80k a year.  Then 3 years ago my wife wanted me to quit so i did and got a job at a factory making 50.  We had a house and perfect credit for the most part.  2 years ago we fouond a repo for 140 so we put our house for sale and got an offer.  we then made an offer on the repo and bought it.  the closing went very fast.  after we closed our other house deal fell through.  rather than trying to rent it we kept trying to sell until all our savings were gone.  Now it is being rented.  I had to do all upgrades to our new house because my savings were being sucked up by the other house.  anyways do to bad planning on my part and high utilities i could not afford to pay the credit cards as of 8 months ago and my credit score is now a 476 or so.  3 months ago i went back to the oil rig and am now making 140k.  I owe total about 24k in revolving credit.  which i can have paid off in around 3 months.  What steps should i take to get my credit score back up as soon as possible?  I only have 2 collection accounts on there but alot of late payments.  The collection accounts will both be paid within the month and then i am working on the rest.

I am trying to get a vehicle loan for around 25k but it looks impossible

Thanks for any help

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.