Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why wont citi report mid-cycle?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

why wont citi report mid-cycle?

it just doesnt make sense to me why some of these credit card companies wouldnt report a $0 balance mid-cycle. it cant possible cost them anything, and is an excellent customer service practice done by chase and discover. any ideas, other than a lender doing a rapid rescore, on how to work around this?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: why wont citi report mid-cycle?

According to Doctor of Credit, to get a mid-cycle reporting done, you need to speek to a supervisor.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ive tried. ive not been successful. they continue to tell me its not something they do outside of the monthly automatic updates. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change your address, for instance: Apt 101 to #101 or report it lost or stolen.

Message 4 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Correct. Citi and a variety of other lenders do not honor any requests to generate any mid-cycle reporting. That's just part of their internal policies and the way they roll 🤷‍♂️
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it irritates me but that’s just citi.
Message 6 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Yep that is just Citi, but various other lender's won't with the exception of a few.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I can understand one's desire to have on demand reporting! As a lender why would I go to the extra work to do it? There attitude may be, plan your credit life according to our rules. To us it is only business.

Do understand (speaking with experience) such reporting can sometimes change our credit scene in major ways.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.