cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best/easiest mortgage company

tag
Huntingpartyof4

Best/easiest mortgage company

Looking to do a FHA or possibly conventional with 5% down. Middle Mortgage score of 750 for me and 720 for husband.

I would like to find the easiest company to worth with when you have good scores but possibly high DTI (total including mortgage would be around 45% but could pay down stuff to get it lower if needed). Combined income $145k

No baddies on husbands report. I have one paid collection from 2015 that was a $73 Verizon bill I dug my heels in on arguing with them.

I would prefer working with a lender I can do mostly online as we don't have a ton of free time working opposit schedules with two littles.

I started the process with NFCU, rocket, and better.com. So if there is another good possibility I would like to app now while it's within a few days to not take a ding on another hard pull!

Thanks
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AZEsq
Regular Contributor

Re: Best/easiest mortgage company

I highly recommend finding an excellent realtor who works specifically in your desired neighborhoods/zip codes/ towns and meet with them. Most realtors know who to use to close quickly and who to refer you to to get the deal done if you’re honest about the situation. There are an entire host of reputable lenders who could likely close your deal, you want someone with working familiarity with your team. Good luck!
Message 2 of 12
JVille
Valued Contributor

Best.com & Rocket Mtg 😳 run!!!!!! You need a pre qual letter and do not expect a professional Realtor to look kindly on someone dealing with these online lenders.
Have your Realtor refer you to a broker locally with a reputation for getting the deal closed that a Selling Agent will take seriously and allow her client to seriously consider and accept your offer.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best place to work with would be a small Mortgage Brokerage.   Most likely by a referral of someone who's worked with them before.  The Bankers overhead are too high and the smaller Brokerages are usually more experienced.

{Moderator Edit - Please review the PM that I sent.  Irish80}

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take a look at Rocket Mortgage.  I used them and it was all e-mails and just uploading documents.

The only thing you will have to do in person is signing papers at closing as that requires a notary.

Message 5 of 12
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I'd suggest NFCU, everything is online or on the phone and while you may need to fax in those documents that require "ink signature" it's usually a pretty smooth process. The two advantages NFCU offers are #1: no PMI and #2: NFCU will service your note for the life of the loan.

Disclosure: I did a refi with NFCU last March (2018) and the whole thing took 17 days with the "closing" in my dining room with a reality notary.  I also just went through a pre-approval process that was a nightmare with NFCU - I ended canceling the pre-approval and going with another national lender which approved the pre-approval in 2 hours. I still think NFCU rocks, just not for pre-approvals.  

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recently closed on a house and went with Lower Mortgage. They are a subsidy of Homeside Financial. They were great, everything was done online and quickly. Closed in less than 30 days.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just recently closed on a house and went with Lower Mortgage. They are a subsidy of Homeside Financial. They were great, everything was done online and quickly. Closed in less than 30 days.

Never heard of them.  I might have to look into them when it comes time to buy a house.

Though, I have to say Rocket Mortgage has been great and closing was done in 30 days for my refi.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why run? I got a clear to close today from rocket mortgage and I got the loan rolling on feb 4th. No issues at all.
Message 9 of 12
Huntingpartyof4

Thanks all.  I got the official Pre-Approval letter from NFCU and Rocket Mortgage (guaranteed approval) I am going to look into smaller brokers as well but not until we find an actual house.  I was positive I found one I was going to love and thats why I started the process but online house pictures dont always tell the full story so we are still on the hunt.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.