Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brokers vs. Bank and Credit Pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brokers vs. Bank and Credit Pulls

Which is quicker and easier if I'm interested in an FHA loan with 3.5% down, using a broker or going to a few different banks? Does going to a broker mean only one credit pull vs several if you go to different banks? Seems easier to have a broker doing to work for you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Brokers vs. Bank and Credit Pulls

I used Academy Mortgage and they were amazing.  Two total pulls. 

However, even if you did go rate shopping at all the banks you wanted, FICO would only ding you for one pull if you did it within 30 day window.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Brokers vs. Bank and Credit Pulls

You need to find someone you are comfortable with - going to multiple banks or to multiple brokers will not matter much if the person you use is someone you are unsure of during the process. There are good and there are bad bankers just like there are good and bad brokers. Getting a discount and suffering an ulcer is not worth the saved dollars  - credit pulls are part of the process and not a huge hit to your scores - I wouldnt let that drive my decision on who to use

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.