cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOSED!

tag
Rmferrer350z

CLOSED!

What an arduous journey. Got word from my lender this morning that my home loan was funded,and that I will have the keys later today.

I filed BK7 6/5/16 and applied for a VA loan 6/6/18. No lates or baddies/derogs in the last 2 years. My credit went from low 400’s to 688 when they pulled it last.

My score was actually above 700, but I mistakenly combined 2 Cap 1 cards and it dropped my score 13 points. I opted to apply for the loan anyway.

This is my first home loan and i haven’t been able to sleep soundly in weeks! Furthermore a COLLECTION reared it head 3 days before closing!!! I elected not to tell my lender as I had already signed the closing docs with the notary earlier in the week. In hindsight maybe I should’ve said something but I figured there would be no way after signing the paper work and wiring the closing costs, they would suddenly deny the home loan.

Side note: when the collection popped up on my credit report(myFICO), I didn’t even hesistate to settle the debt. BUT I did not negotiate a pay for delete as I have read in these forums. I called the collection agency and asked for it to be removed but they are insistent that they do not have the authority to do so. All they could tell me was that Aug.15th they update their records and it would be shown as paid in full.

I’m aware by me paying the collection agency that my score will not go up(in most cases.) I have been playing with the idea of disputing the charge and having it refunded, but I’d hate to rock the boat...thoughts?

**EDIT**
Thank you all for the kind words. We are just ecstatic to finally have this happen. This forum has helped me so much.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
me12345
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLOSED!

Congratulations on completing your journey....

VA & FHA down to 550...
Licensed Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in the states of Arizona & California
Specializing in VA, FHA, USDA & Conventional loans. My company is also licensed in 12 states, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah,
Alaska, New Mexico, Texas, Illinois and Florida
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 3 of 6
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Once you are moved it, it will feel like like it was all worth it!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 4 of 6
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 5 of 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! I have 58 minutes left until I sign my own life away. LOL.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.