Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Auto

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Auto

They pulled all three for me, and I was in the latter part of the 500s at the time.  I got a rate of 13.45% which I paid for 3 months, then refinanced with Firstmark Credit Union at 7.1%.  I thought the Cap1 program was great, though.  I keep reading their credit cards are horrible, but really I like this program, it's efficient and can save you money at the dealership.
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW!  You guys have been SO helpful!  All the questions I've wanted to ask, but didn't know where to start!  Thanks for posting this thread, and thanks to all of you who've replied!  Will be applying next month.  My lowest FAKO is about 650, and I have never had an auto loan.  My biggest concern is my BK discharged in 06.  Never a late or a missed since!  *fingers crossed* Hopefully I have the same success as you all have had!
Message 12 of 30
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Car max is an approved dealer with COAF. We have a "specail arrangement with them" At carmax you can go with tout the blank check because their car prices are non negotiable. They'll run your credit through about 5 lenders then you get who ever offers you the lowest rate.
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Takunda,

Do you work for Carmax?  I like dealing with Carmax..I bought my first car with them.
Message 14 of 30
christypagano
Established Member

I had a bankruptcy discharged in Feb 06 and got approved in Dec 06 and Jan 08 with them.  The process was great!! Income has to verifiable though.  W2's etc.   You send everything to them by fax and you'll know if you are approved in one minute!! Good Luck!!
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

christy,  did you do the blank check program with them or the regular finance and what were your scores?
Message 16 of 30
Takunda1
Established Contributor

GETNUMBERSUP wrote:
Takunda,

Do you work for Carmax?  I like dealing with Carmax..I bought my first car with them.

No I work for Cap One Auto, but I did buy a car from Carmax & it was a very smooth transaction.
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

what's the minimum fico that cap one auto accepts..i hear they pull all three FICO and take an  average..
Message 18 of 30
Takunda1
Established Contributor

GETNUMBERSUP wrote:
what's the minimum fico that cap one auto accepts..i hear they pull all three FICO and take an  average..

This is true, but it also depends on the whole credit picture. Due to the current economic issues, COAF is actually cutting down by 50% on the number of loans they are giving out this year...somewhere in the line of only 7000 loans, so I figure most applicants are going to need to be prime to qualify.  I have seen scores as low as 620, but I'm not sure if thats the minimum requirement. I'll ask someone iin Loan origination and get back to you.

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds good..sent you a pm
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.