Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cosigner with little income for a home loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cosigner with little income for a home loan

My husband and I recent took in his best friend two children. It was not really an option as they are wards of the state and didnt have anywhere to go. We are needing a bigger place and currently we are not credit worthy for a home loan. But thier grandmother is however she have very low income. I was wondering if someone could give advice on if her good credit would off set ours, and our good income would offset her low income. Thanks for the help!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Cosigner with little income for a home loan

Welcome OP,

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way when buying a home. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 3
me12345
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cosigner with little income for a home loan

Sorry, that would not be an option...

You can use a "Non-Occupying Co-Borrower" for additional income, as long as they are a relative AND you yourself have good credit as well.

Sorry, the "Co-signer" is only for additional income, not credit help.

Thanks,

VA & FHA down to 550...
Licensed Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in the states of Arizona & California
Specializing in VA, FHA, USDA & Conventional loans. My company is also licensed in 12 states, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah,
Alaska, New Mexico, Texas, Illinois and Florida
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.