Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't give up

tag
dreamy10250
Valued Member

Don't give up

Good morning

I wanted to share my journey. In April 2015 my daughter and I moved back in my mom's house after renting for 8 years. My credit score was 520. I had mostly credit card collections. I worked hard paying everything off and my credit score jumped up. In January I decided to apply for a mortgage with a credit score of 590 to see what I needed to do. The broker told me everything how to increase my score. I did and by March jumped to a 620.

I decided to look at a new construction home using the VA didn't think I could so I started the process and was denied by the 1st lender because didn't have enough saved and past collections that had been paid. I was crushed. The builder suggested I try Summit funding. My transunion score was 650. I started with them 4/27 and closed on my new construction home July 5th. I will admit my LO was not the best communicator and left me frustrated but he came through.

I want to encourage those starting don't give up this forum helped me so much. I'm forever grateful! God is great!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't give up

That is awesome! Congrats! And thanks for the encouragement!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing.. Congrats and enjoy your new home.

Message 3 of 9
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!  And, yes, God is GREAT!

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
tanyagarrett
Valued Member

Yes He Is.....

Message 5 of 9
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

and make believe!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a great story! Many congrats! 

Message 7 of 9
dreamy10250
Valued Member

Thank you
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.