Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FGMC Underwriting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FGMC Underwriting

Does anyone else have a loan in underwriting at FGMC? I feel like it is taking fooorreevvver to hear anything. All of our information was turned in on the 13th of July. I just checked in with our LO yesterday and he said that- indeed the loan is still in underwriting but he was willing to give us a letter of conditional approval. We are going through the full loan approval process now so that when we pick a house it should be smooth sailing.

I'm wondering if we aren't a priority for underwriting because we don't have a specific property picked out. We don't have a property picked because we aren't a priority to our agent, who wants a preapproval.

Anyone that worked with FGMC- how long were you in underwriting before you were given conditions and/or denied?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
nymets010
Valued Member

Re: FGMC Underwriting

I just got denied by FGMC. It took 15 days, then they came back with a denial due to an overdraft charge on my bank statement. Its a new rule of theirs that they changed on July 11, which says that ANY nsf or OD within 60 days of app is automatic denial! We had already paid for appraisal and had the title cleansed (property is a foreclosure)! So i am not a big FGMC fan. Good luck, i hope you get better results! Keep us posted.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your thoughts on priority are probably correct. "In underwriting" only means your file has been sent to them. It doesn't necessarily mean it's being processed. I have a pre-approval through them and this is what my LO told me as well. He issued me a new pre-approval when I was making an offer on a home. I'm a bit skeptical about them, though. Wells Fargo pre-approved me after sending my file to underwriting. FGMC issued me a pre-approval for more than what I could afford. I think if I would have asked for a pre-approval for 500K, they would have written it. Wells Fargo wouldn't issue me a new pre-approval for the offer amount, however. People who have had success with FGMC on here have been generally happy with them. Maybe I'm a bit TOO skeptical, though.

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone else have a loan in underwriting at FGMC? I feel like it is taking fooorreevvver to hear anything. All of our information was turned in on the 13th of July. I just checked in with our LO yesterday and he said that- indeed the loan is still in underwriting but he was willing to give us a letter of conditional approval. We are going through the full loan approval process now so that when we pick a house it should be smooth sailing.

I'm wondering if we aren't a priority for underwriting because we don't have a specific property picked out. We don't have a property picked because we aren't a priority to our agent, who wants a preapproval.

Anyone that worked with FGMC- how long were you in underwriting before you were given conditions and/or denied?

Message 3 of 4
joe12

Does anyone know what kind of tradeline history is needed for an approval from FGMC?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.