Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Timer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Timer

On the 29th of April I signed my executive contact and as of May 11th my lender forwarded my info over to processing. I have turned in transcripts, pay check stubs, bank statements and a letter of explanation in advance. What else could they possibly nneed? I'm scheduled to close on May 29th. It's been completely silent so far.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Peanut2010

Re: First Timer

I totally feel your pain, I have done the same, but my date was March 16.  I have turned in everything they have asked for, and no word yet!  We just have to wait it out.  Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 666
Current Score: 676
Goal Score: 728

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow March 16th?? When did your lender forward your paperwork over for processing?
Message 3 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
On the 29th of April I signed my executive contact and as of May 11th my lender forwarded my info over to processing. I have turned in transcripts, pay check stubs, bank statements and a letter of explanation in advance. What else could they possibly nneed? I'm scheduled to close on May 29th. It's been completely silent so far.

Get in touch with your loan officer now.

Find out what your status is - today is May 16th. You have time to close on May 29th, but a week of silence is not typical. Has the appraisal been completed and submitted? The LO should be able to tell you exactly where you are in the process.

Message 4 of 11
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Do not depend on a loan officer to keep you informed. Most are knuckleheads and don't care about their borrower clients. Take charge of your transaction and remember that they work for your ... so you can fire them if you are unhappy with their performance. Call that ooan officer now and demand a detailed status update.

Message 5 of 11
Peanut2010

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow March 16th?? When did your lender forward your paperwork over for processing?

April 2 I was told it was going to Underwriting, I have called 3 times and asked for an update... 1 st update was that it was in underwriting....2nd time was it was in underwriting but it hasn't been processed yet, 3rd time was it was in underwriting, and I asked if there was a time line???? I was told that they don't do that and that they were very busy - my appraisal is back, my survey has been done , I've turned in all my paperwork that was asked of me -   Smiley Sad   I Just am not sure what to do....  

Starting Score: 666
Current Score: 676
Goal Score: 728

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely went ahead and emailed my LO to get an update and find out where I am in processing at this time. She v informed me last week that she was gonna have it expedited due to the closing date being so close. Praying for the best at this time.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My LO emailed me back and told me that processing dept is getting everything together and waiting on the appraisal. They didn't want to send it to underwriting without the appraisal because once complete they would have to rereview it. She doesn't think that there should be a delay in closing. I'm feeling like it's cutting it close.
Message 8 of 11
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My LO emailed me back and told me that processing dept is getting everything together and waiting on the appraisal. They didn't want to send it to underwriting without the appraisal because once complete they would have to rereview it. She doesn't think that there should be a delay in closing. I'm feeling like it's cutting it close.

It is ridiculous for that loan officer and their processing dept to not submit that file to underwriting NOW! Waiting for the appraisal to submit the file is simply a bad process ... not in the borrower's interest. The more appropriate and common process is to have the file underwritten/approved and conditioned for a few things like appraisal, insurance, etc.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasnt aware of that they could do that. Thamks ezdriver for the great advice.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.