Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those keeping up, here is an update on our situation

tag
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

For those keeping up, here is an update on our situation

So here is a breakdown of our situation.

Husband and I want to buy a home. I make a great income but have old negative collections in the form of medical bills. Loan officer for the lending company pulled my report and I was at a 595 with TU which was the mid grade score for me, 614 and 560 for the other two.  She asked me to be added to my husbands cards (5 of them) as an authorized user to boost my score to 620. My score actually dropped down to 567, 603, then 526 after being added however two of his accounts that I was added to were at about 90% utilization, so she said to have me pulled back off. Here is where I stand right now...

Walmart - $600 limit, was at $461, paid down to $0

JCP - $500 limit, was at $405, paid down to 0 - (Also got a credit limit increase to $900 to report 3/23)

HSBC - $400 limit, was at $299, paid down to 0

Cap One - $500 limit, was at $110, paid down to 0

Jareds Account - $3003 now at $2600

Jareds Account 2 - $500 limit, $276 balance, now at 0

Sears- $3500 limit, balance $3200 was listed as AU, I have been taken off

Chase - 3500 limit, balance at $300 listed as AU, I have been taken off

We ordered a Rapid Rescore on 2/20, just got completed, but LO is convinced things didn't update correctly and she thinks there has to be some kind of lag, TU592, EX616, and EQ546 (we didn't rr EQ).

So I was freaking out earlier and asked her about FGMC because of my sccores. She said she would look into it.

She called me this afternoon and said that she had run me through Freddie Mac Desktop Underwritting and I was approved with no conditions. She said this was strange due to my scores, but again, all of my stuff is old medicals that total less than $3k total. We also have great dti and great incomes. So now I am really confused...

She is going to fill out the information and send my file over tomorrow. She said that we should sail through their underwritting due to passing the DU. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? She told me to celebrate, but I'm affraid to!

We are also going to wait until the end of the week and re-pull credit again as she thinks we will still have a large jump!

Oh one other thing, she said that all FHA collections over $1k will need to be paid off. I asked about the rule going into effect 4/1 and we already have an FHA number and she said the insurance requirements change 4/1, but all collections need to be paid now.

That is alot of information! I would appreciate any feedback or advice, especially from those that have been through the UW process!

Thanks Everyone!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Re: For those keeping up, here is an update on our situation

*Forgot to add, she pulled on Friday last week and my TU was at 592 before the Jareds pay off... So no increase since last week, which is why she thinks something is wrong.

Message 2 of 7
Annaliese
New Contributor

Thanks for the update! You are lucky you have a LO who is willing to walk extra mile for you.  I had been reading your posts and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers! Hang in there Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
anh2lua
New Contributor

Wow, what a great LO. 

I believed she will take good care of you and things will work out fine.

Medical collections seems to be easier to dispute through the credit agencies.

I disputed two collections with one try.

Good luck.

FICO scores Experian: 693; Equifax: 656; TransUnion: 707

Goal: 700+ on at least two reports
Message 4 of 7
BreezyWe
Contributor

Sounds like she knows what she is doing and u can look for a home path home through Freddie Mac Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
FrugalRican
Blogger

If this goes through, you owe that LO some wining and dining!!! Candle's still lit.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 6 of 7
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Agreed!! She is a dear friend (over 5 years) which is helpful. She isn't giving up on me!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.