cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help before applying for Construction Loan with Paid Collection showing 120+ days past due

tag
raine22
Regular Contributor

Help before applying for Construction Loan with Paid Collection showing 120+ days past due

Hi,

I will be applying for an fha home construction mortgage in July 2010.  There are a couple of issues that I'd like to get cleaned up on my credit report in order to raise my score before I apply.  I'm not sure how to proceed or if I should just leave it alone in case of making it do more harm than good.

Equifax - current fico score 673

Shown under Credit Accounts - Palisades (Verizon North-Landline)  $276.00 paid in full. (has been paid for a couple of years)

Status as of 4/2010

Date opened 8/2006

Date last activity  2/2004

Balance 0

Account type  Open Account

Over under current status it shows:  120 + days past due - 30 days: 0  60 days: 0   90 days: 0

Consumer disputes after resolution  (disputed in past)

Experian - current fico: no idea - shows as a collection account

Palisades Collection - Verizon North (Landline)

Date opened  8/2006

Date of status  8/2008

Type:  installment 1 month

Status Details:  This item was verified and updated on Aug 2008

I would really like to get this off of my credit report, it's being reported wrong and has been paid for a couple of years.  Also, it is not 120+ days past due.  The one thing I don't' want to do is make it worse since it seems that Palisades reports this as verified on a monthly basis,, computer generated I'm sure.  I went through the steps of trying to have it all corrected without any luck a couple of years ago.  Hence, consumer disputes after resolution on Equifax report.

Any suggestions on how I should handle this derog on my credit file.  I am worried that the 120+ days past due is still hurting my fico scores even though it has been paid for at least two years.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.