Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MikkiD wants to join the home owners club - SUCCESS!!! updated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MikkiD wants to join the home owners club

Well, well, well...what's that in my hand? Could it be...? Yep! A shiny new pre-approval letter!!!

*HAPPY DANCE*

Next, find a real estate attorney and draw up the purchase agreement. (And find the current owners their new place so they can get out of mine! LOL)
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks neighbor, @tjash2011!

You are so right about those horror stories! I was all excited and by yesterday I just felt ill from all the things I decided were gonna go wrong. I barely even wanted to go today; I was so discouraged.

I was strongly considering Navy Fed but Dakota Co had some nice programs for first time buyers that I qualified for so I ended up with the same bank my mom has been with since I was a little kid. If that doesn't work for some reason they are next.

I appreciate your encouragment and advice! Congratulations on doing such a great job with your rebuild!!!
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now my pre-approval letter has been replaced by a much bulkier Purchase Agreement. Things are moving along for me. Slowly but surely.

Fingers crossed that the people I am buying from can find something soon on their end. They bid significally more on a place they loved yesterday but learned tonight that someone else bid even significantly higher than they did. *sigh*

Oh well, other than simply being anxious, I can wait if I have to. But the sooner the better...my new place is amazing and a perfect fit for me!!!!!  Not to mention I have 30 years worth of payments to make, may as well get started ASAP. Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whew! That took a while (not really that long, considering, but I'm excited!) but they found a place and got their offer approved today.

Our closing date is now set for July 10th. Everything is ready to go for my mortgage so now I just have to give my notice, pack and wait a bit longer.
Message 14 of 23
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Forgive me for stating what might be obvious  but don’t give notice until you signed and closed. 

DH almost did that and were still waiting to get CTC on a final condition.  

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 15 of 23
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

Awesome! Congrats! Where did you find a place?
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Whew! That took a while (not really that long, considering, but I'm excited!) but they found a place and got their offer approved today.

Our closing date is now set for July 10th. Everything is ready to go for my mortgage so now I just have to give my notice, pack and wait a bit longer.

Fantastic news! Congratulations! 

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

Forgive me for stating what might be obvious  but don’t give notice until you signed and closed. 

DH almost did that and were still waiting to get CTC on a final condition.  

I am glad you brought this up. Now forgive me, are you suggesting I completely wait until after closing to give my notice? I wasn't going to give it yet but was going to do so around June 29th. I'd hate to have to pay an extra month's rent (that could buy me something nifty for the new place!) but, now that you bring it up, I'd also hate to be living in my truck with all my junk out on the curb too...

Do people usually wait until after closing to give notice??? How long have you been waiting? My conditional approval simply says I need to give them a signed lock agreement and a copy of my bk discharge. I thought I was good but then I am so new to this and doing it completely on my own so maybe I am just naieve.

Hope you get your CTC soon!!! Thanks for the warning!

Message 18 of 23
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

I’m not giving notice until I have signed my docs and received keys. 

If if I had allowed DH to have it his way, I would be moving out to somewhere next week and completely stressed out since it wouldn’t be into the house we selected. 

Our lease ends at the end of August. To break it is approximately 2.5 times the rent. If we sign in the next few weeks, 30 day notice would be mid to late July. I’m hoping they’re not going to enforce it since we’re so close to the end of it. There has also been a huge influx of new move ins/outs. I hope demand is enough for them just to let us out of it. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes! That would be a terrible pain.

You definitely give me something to talk about with my LO on Monday. The closing got moved forward one day to July 9th, earlier today, so so far things are working in my favor.

Thanks for sharing @somewherein505!
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.