Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mortgage reporting

tag
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

New mortgage reporting

I've completed a refinance and it's soon to hit the credit bureau's. My previous mortgage did not report due to a past bankruptcy. Should I wait for it to report or should I update all my cards now with the new information. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Re: New mortgage reporting

Still looking for an answer. 

Message 2 of 8
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

I've completed a refinance and it's soon to hit the credit bureau's. My previous mortgage did not report due to a past bankruptcy. Should I wait for it to report or should I update all my cards now with the new information. 

I am not sure what you mean by "update all my cards now with the new information" - could you please enlighten me?

Message 3 of 8
JVille
Valued Contributor

Your question does not make sense. It can take up to 90+ days after COE for that loan to hit the data banks. In other words after you make a payment or two. There s nothing You CAN do to update anything. 
Patience is the name of the game. 

Message 4 of 8
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Simple, my mortgage payment was X, now it is Z after refinancing. When applying for a credit card they ask you what your mortgage payment is. When asking for a cli the ask what your mortgage payment is. 

All I'm asking is should I update with the new mortgage or wait until they report. 

Message 5 of 8
JVille
Valued Contributor

There is nothing to update. It will report in 45 to 60 days..... this is a process that is frustrating but there is not speeding it up. If you apply for credit simply enter your new payment amount.

Message 6 of 8
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

Simple, my mortgage payment was X, now it is Z after refinancing. When applying for a credit card they ask you what your mortgage payment is. When asking for a cli the ask what your mortgage payment is. 

All I'm asking is should I update with the new mortgage or wait until they report. 

I don't recall ever being asked for a mortgage payment when applying for a CLI. I just did one with AmEx this past week and all they wanted was to confirm updated income. If I were asked, I would indicate current, accurate information even if it weren't updated yet on my reports.

Message 7 of 8
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.