Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quesiton for those who are building or have built new homes

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Quesiton for those who are building or have built new homes

Once you get those appliances in, you want to make sure they lock it up. Our builder told us that several new homes across the way from us were broken into for the appliances. After we heard that, we started coming by just to make sure the house was locked up properly at the end of the day. Our home is in a really good neighborhood with very low crime. My guess is that the crooks know where the new builds are going up and drive out of their way to get at the appliances.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 11 of 24
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Not just appliances they are breaking in and taking all the copper tubing around also. Its worth even more then appliances and much lighter to carry!
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 12 of 24
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Some of the new builds have cameras installed, iv seen them on a few homes.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes we got the interactive home it's pretty cool but the electric isn't kept on so I guess it's kind of worthless right now ha ha.

The only time I can really go is after hubby gets home so I can go kidless otherwise I do a drive by just to see of crews are there working lol. I am a bit of a control freak Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 24
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Ours had a camera installed but it was there for us to setup with the Nexia system not to watch over the house. LOL! I agree copper tubing is worth much more...I guess they wanted the appliances too. Greedy Crooks!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 15 of 24
playboy
Regular Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

Some of the new builds have cameras installed, iv seen them on a few homes.

In my neighborhood the homes are still going up.  Bc of that the county sheriff department has 4 cameras positioned on a 10ft tall mobile unit that monitors the surroundings.

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 24
JonRun
Regular Contributor

My wife and I ride by at least twice a day and go in whenever it's unlocked. We have found some things and pointed them out to the project manager. I don't think it bothers him. it saves him time that he doesn't have to waste. We did our first walk through Friday. Our realtor and the project manager put more blue tape up than we did! Final walk through is Thursday and closing is scheduled for Friday.
Message 17 of 24
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

I've see a few homes in our new neighborhood that have the garage and front doors open and applicanes already installed. Even walked through one myself to check it out, it was probably around 5:00 pm and there was no one in sight...but the garage door was wide open, and this house had the upgrades applicanes with the $8000 fridge. Someone could have easily backed up into the garage, loaded up, and drove away.

Message 18 of 24
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Wow!!!! That is crazy! Was the home already purchased by someone?
Message 19 of 24
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Could be that a crew was in there working and the builder didn't come by yet to lock up the house.

Sometimes the sales people leave the house open all day and send buyers out to look at the homes on the specs.

From time to time when my Wife and I are bored we will drive thru neighborhoods and walk the specs.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.