Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Fi after BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re-Fi after BK

Currently looking to re-fi our home loan as it's at a high interest rate.  We purchased home over 3 years ago with BK.  Currently at 6.625% and with dropping interest rates, it'd be ideal for us to try and do now.  Our BK is due to fall off in May, but TU and EX have already dropped off BK and current CS is sitting at FICO Score 4  TU  765, Fico Score 2 at EX 768. EQ has not removed BK (Fico Score 5 at EQ is 704) and I will try to request an EE, but my question is... Should I wait till EQ removes BK from CR, or can I try to re-fi now? My median score would be 765.

CC:

Citibank $1269/10500

Car payment: $410

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Re-Fi after BK

If it’s going to fall off in May why don’t you just wait it out? I have to say your middle score if it’s a true Mtg Score at 768 is just fine.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think we've been waiting for this for over 3 years. And I guess to be honest, it's the anxiousness of being this close.. and also wanting to ensure locking in a low interest rate.  

Message 3 of 7
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently looking to re-fi our home loan as it's at a high interest rate.  We purchased home over 3 years ago with BK.  Currently at 6.625% and with dropping interest rates, it'd be ideal for us to try and do now.  Our BK is due to fall off in May, but TU and EX have already dropped off BK and current CS is sitting at FICO Score 4  TU  765, Fico Score 2 at EX 768. EQ has not removed BK (Fico Score 5 at EQ is 704) and I will try to request an EE, but my question is... Should I wait till EQ removes BK from CR, or can I try to re-fi now? My median score would be 765.

CC:

Citibank $1269/10500

Car payment: $410

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

What chapter did you file & when was it discharged?

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 7. Discharged May 2009

Message 5 of 7
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chapter 7. Discharged May 2009

You are well past the minimum requirements for being eligible for a conventional mortgage post bk discharge.

Get your refi done ASAP.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a jumbo loan. Does that make a difference?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.