Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short sal question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Short sal question

We have been renting a house for 18 months rent payment 2700 a month. Thje landlord wants to sell he owes 525,000  zillow shows the home at 389,000 and countrywide will do a shortsale . My scroes are  589-597- 606. I have plenty of income to make the payment here are the questions

! in todays market will I have a problem getting  a mortgage
2if i need to do an fha loan  how do they work  (we have 25,000 cash to work with)

thanx in advance

ps the home is in broward county florida
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
shawnette
Regular Contributor

Re: Short sal question

With your scores, FHA is your best bet at getting a good rate because it isn't score driven.
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Short sal question

Broward County's FHA loan limit has increased to $423,750... however if you are financing more than $362,790 more & more lenders are requiring that you have a 660 mid score, as anything over the $362,790 level is considered an "FHA Jumbo" and they have different requirements than an FHA loan at the old loan amounts.  Countrywide requires that you get pre-approved through them in order to make an offer on any home they have foreclosed upon or are doing a short sale on, you don't have to get the loan from them, but they need to pre-approve you.  It'll come down to what price you can get Countrywide to accept on the sale... if you are able to finance $362,790 or less then you'd have a fair shot with FHA.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.