Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwriting - additional documents?

tag
Nan425
New Contributor

Underwriting - additional documents?

We are in underwriting and underwriting processor said they will not require additional bank statement, pay stubs, or need to pull my credit again before closing. Underwriter processer said Documents I provided in December 2013 are sufficent and they only thing they will need to do is appraisal and get a verbal confirmation froom my employer that I am still employed. They said our credit report, bank statements and paystuds are good until 5/1/14. We applied for mortgage 11/5/13 and we expect to close 3/25/14, on a FHA new construction.

This does not sound right to me because, before closing how would they know if I have money in my bank account prior to closing? How will they know my credit score is still sufficent before closing? And how would they know I didn't get hours cut?

Anyone experience similar situation?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Underwriting - additional documents?

No it doesnt sound right - the bank will want the two months most recent bank statement and most current 30 days pay stubs when you close -- also there is no way a processor can tell you what conditions an underwriter will request - plan on there being extra documents requested - it is rare to get a clean approval with no conditions

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Underwriting - additional documents?

Sounds like the processor is new or inexperienced (or clueless Smiley Sad).

Most lenders require docs to be updated to within 30 days of closing (paystubs, VOE, VOD, Bank Statements). Brian is right, u/w is the one that does the approval, not the processor. Conditions to close the loan are normal.

Keep a file now of all of your docs including new W-2's or 1099's whichever applies, all pages of bank statements, and paystubs. That way when the u/w requests the new docs you have it to send right away. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.