Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA Rates drop

tag
MrChairman
Established Contributor

VA Rates drop

According to several reports. VA/FHA mortgage rates are currently around 3.25%. I locked in 10 days ago at 3.625%. I just e-mailed my loan officer and told him I wanted the 3.25% rate or I will be finding a different lender. I think they will budge as my file is strong, high income. Anyone had any experiences with rates dropping after lock?

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

Re: VA Rates drop

bump

Message 2 of 4
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

We initially were quoted 3.75 for our VA back in Oct but now are at 90 days out from closing and have the option to lock at 3.25 (paying a 0.375% fee) or lock with no fee at 3.375.

We are trying to hold out for the 60 mark where we can lock for free. We are keeping in contact with our LO regularly and if things start to tick upwards we'll lock but for now we are just trying to wait it out.

I don't know what happens if you lock and rates drop lower so I am interested to hear others chime in.

Message 3 of 4
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

I`m waiting for my 60 day window next week to lock my rate.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.