Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA loans with low scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VA loans with low scores

Are there any lenders in Missouri that don't use fico scores or who accept in the 500s? I had some late payments after I retired, but have since started drawing my va disability and now have government employment. I have caught up payments and paying down debt. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: VA loans with low scores

@Anonymous wrote:
Are there any lenders in Missouri that don't use fico scores or who accept in the 500s? I had some late payments after I retired, but have since started drawing my va disability and now have government employment. I have caught up payments and paying down debt. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Retiredmpsfc,

Where at in the 500s are your scores?

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, last time I checked I'm right around a 550. No collections, just one recent charge off from last year which I just paid in full 3 weeks ago.
Message 3 of 6
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello, last time I checked I'm right around a 550. No collections, just one recent charge off from last year which I just paid in full 3 weeks ago.

Any late payments in the last 12 months? Has the charge off updated on your credit to show paid yet?

CAIVRS Expert.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The charge off has not updated, but I have a zero balance letter. I do have late payments which is no doubt the biggest reason for my score. I got caught up around nov/ dec when I got hired with the VA hospital and finally received my VA disability.
Message 5 of 6
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The charge off has not updated, but I have a zero balance letter. I do have late payments which is no doubt the biggest reason for my score. I got caught up around nov/ dec when I got hired with the VA hospital and finally received my VA disability.

How many late payments & how late were they? 30 day, 60 day or more?

CAIVRS Expert.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.