cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to buy a house with low credit score...Please Help!!!

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Want to buy a house with low credit score...Please Help!!!

Contact LL and cancel. If you have a written contract follow the terms for cancellation. They will do anything to keep you including reducing the monthly cost to you - don't fall for it.  The Rebuilding forum here at MyFICO has tons of help for you  - for free. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit

Message 11 of 19
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Anyone have experience removing the "disputed" flag from CB entries?  Should you go through the CB or the collection agency?

Message 12 of 19
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

look at post #8 by Shanethemortgageman, that is the best way to remove disputes

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

LL is challenging 8 items on my report. They submit them on 11-06-2015. I need to wait until they are completed right?

Message 14 of 19
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

LL is challenging 8 items on my report. They submit them on 11-06-2015. I need to wait until they are completed right?

This is how LL drags it out...they keep saying they are waiting on the CRA's. I would cancel their services and do your own repair as suggested earlier. 

Message 15 of 19
Erick12
Valued Member

Wait for what, exactly? Wait to cancel LL? No, you can cancel them right now, it won't change the disputes as those are already in.

Wait to apply for a mortgage? Yes, you need to wait until the disputes are gone, but it doesn't sound like you're applying anytime soon.

Cancel LL, let the disputes run their course and see if anything changes, then call the CRAs to remove them (or go about whatever other credit repair you're going to do).

I recently had to remove disputes and calling the numbers in the thread linked above handled it painlessly and quickly.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Erick12 wrote:

Wait for what, exactly? Wait to cancel LL? No, you can cancel them right now, it won't change the disputes as those are already in.

Wait to apply for a mortgage? Yes, you need to wait until the disputes are gone, but it doesn't sound like you're applying anytime soon.

Cancel LL, let the disputes run their course and see if anything changes, then call the CRAs to remove them (or go about whatever other credit repair you're going to do).

I recently had to remove disputes and calling the numbers in the thread linked above handled it painlessly and quickly.

Wait for the dispute process to complete to call the CRAs to see if they would remove the status. I will cancel LL this week.

I'm not applying for a mortgage as of yet. I did found a Broker and she took all of our information (income, bank statement, w2s, etc...). I guess I kind of applying right? I think they did a hard inquiry and told me to wait and try to get my score higher.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Skip out on Lexington.. Don't use them it's a waste of money.. They r useless

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been checking myFICO everyday and one of the suggestion from the simulator was to pay off one of the Closed/ChargeOff/Collection Target account of $329 to get my score in the 600s. What should I do? What is the process of doing so? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please check out the pics by clicking the links below.

Target ChargeOff/Closed/Collection

myFICO Score Simulator

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.