Ok, here it goes. Received preapproval from the bank on 2/15. My loan officer use to be an underwriter for 8 years and has been on top of everything. Everytime she needs more paperwork I get it to her within a few minutes, considering the bank is right down the road. This morning the appraiser called to set up an appt and he's going to be doing the appraisal tomorrow (2/27) morning at 10:00. We have a set closing date of March 29th but realized thats good friday and hoping to do it earlier that week. What happens when the appraisal paperwork is turned into the bank? How much longer? Can we close before the 29th? I asked my loan officer if she sees anything that would cause underwriting (since she use to be one) to delay anything or deny it and she said no....so stressed!!
We were initially set to close on April 5th but decided to do it at the end of the prior month because of less due in escrow and taxes and mainly I'm to impatient Were actually buying the house that we've been renting for 10 years and got it for $148,000. Right now the fair market value is 184,600 so we'll see what the appraiser says