Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to try for Pre-approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to try for Pre-approval?

Hello everyone!!

We are wanting to purchase a home this summer using VA loan.  I have cleaned up nearly everything from my husband's TU and EX reports through early exclusions.  1 baddie remains on all 3, a collection account for $266 for an apartment (Trying for PFD). 1 baddie remains on EX, due to fall off Aug (I can EE this May 1st).  The baddies that remain on EQ are 5 charge-offs (2 due to fall off in June, 2 due in July, 1 due in Aug).  No late payments on my husbands account (not counting these COs). I have not run our mortgage scores yet because I didn't feel we were ready. 

My question is, can we try for pre-approval even with all these baddies listed with only one of the credit bureaus.  Or should we continue to wait for them to fall off all 3 reports.  EE with EQ will not be complete until July. 

1 REPLY 1
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: When to try for Pre-approval?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone!!

We are wanting to purchase a home this summer using VA loan.  I have cleaned up nearly everything from my husband's TU and EX reports through early exclusions.  1 baddie remains on all 3, a collection account for $266 for an apartment (Trying for PFD). 1 baddie remains on EX, due to fall off Aug (I can EE this May 1st).  The baddies that remain on EQ are 5 charge-offs (2 due to fall off in June, 2 due in July, 1 due in Aug).  No late payments on my husbands account (not counting these COs). I have not run our mortgage scores yet because I didn't feel we were ready. 

My question is, can we try for pre-approval even with all these baddies listed with only one of the credit bureaus.  Or should we continue to wait for them to fall off all 3 reports.  EE with EQ will not be complete until July. 

IMO, you should wait until your CRs are in the best shape you can get them in. This way, you would get a much better preapproval based on higher scores. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.