cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

everythings falling apart last minute. advice/oppinions pls.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

everythings falling apart last minute. advice/oppinions pls.

Long story short this was suposed to be a 45 day close. Origin close date July 17 . Major delays with appraisal. Found out there were previous buyers before us that fell through. There was already an appraisal done on property so we had to go by that appraisal and have them release it. Asked for extension, sellers had no problem Gave us 2 weeks. Then docs came in with wrong numbers on them TWICE another extension was needed. That was fine also except we are being charged perdiam charges. It's been well over 60 days now.

So today I get the best call so far...... APPRAISAL has EXPIRED! (How no one saw this coming I have no clue) so here we are asking for another extension.. 2 weeks this time because we have to do our own appraisal now and that process again. I'm so close to walking away but I feel we've came too far and stressed too much to just give up!? But how much can a person take. I'm a wreck! Now we are waiting on seller to get back to us about extension. What do u think is this over do we still have a chance? It's a bank owned home and the listing agent told my lo that all she can do is send the request and feddi Mac decides. Been in tears all day :'(
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: everythings falling apart last minute. advice/oppinions pls.

@Anonymous wrote:
Long story short this was suposed to be a 45 day close. Origin close date July 17 . Major delays with appraisal. Found out there were previous buyers before us that fell through. There was already an appraisal done on property so we had to go by that appraisal and have them release it. Asked for extension, sellers had no problem Gave us 2 weeks. Then docs came in with wrong numbers on them TWICE another extension was needed. That was fine also except we are being charged perdiam charges. It's been well over 60 days now.

So today I get the best call so far...... APPRAISAL has EXPIRED! (How no one saw this coming I have no clue) so here we are asking for another extension.. 2 weeks this time because we have to do our own appraisal now and that process again. I'm so close to walking away but I feel we've came too far and stressed too much to just give up!? But how much can a person take. I'm a wreck! Now we are waiting on seller to get back to us about extension. What do u think is this over do we still have a chance? It's a bank owned home and the listing agent told my lo that all she can do is send the request and feddi Mac decides. Been in tears all day :'(

Actually, it is very weird that the loan docs would come in with the wrong numbers twice. What exactly was wrong with the numbers? The loan amount, the charges by the lender?

Appraisal's expire. Generally they expire after 6 months if its FHA. What type of loan are you getting?

Message 2 of 4
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

I just recently purchased a Freddie Mac home and had a very good experience with them. They are very motivated sellers. I really think you will be fine with the extensions. This is what they do, so I'm sure that they more than likely understand.

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. Well they said loan docs cane in the first time with original offer. We offerd 5k more than asking after the appraisal got released it was for less than offer so we had to ask seller to lower purchase price. Then second time they got something on the hud-1 wrong. Its been a night mare. My lo says it's the fault of the escrow company the seller is using they have no sence if urgency and take 24-48 hours to respond to issues. Its horrible. They've costed us weeks! Anyway I hope they say yes and we can move forward, I hope I didn't come this far for nothing Smiley Sad its a fha loan and they aw saying appraisals are only good for 120 day?...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.