Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got Charles Schwab checking?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone got Charles Schwab checking?

Hi there! Does anyone in the forum use Charles Schwab checking? How long does it take a check to clear from the mobile app? Can you write a check to yourself? Thanks.

(edited to be in compliance with forum rules)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone got Charles Schwab checking?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there! Does anyone in the forum use Charles Schwab checking? I am looking to set up an account but need a referral. Please PM if you are willing to help another user out...

Also: how long does it take a check to clear from the mobile app? Can you write a check to yourself? Thanks.

@Anonymous 

You don’t need a referral to open a checking account with Charles Schwab and asking for referrals of any kind is prohibited on these forums.  I have a checking account with CS and love it especially for the no ATM fees but I can not answer your specific questions because I have never used the mobile app.  When you open the account t, you’ll be contacted by a CS rep so you could ask that person. Be careful with how you would use the account

Message 2 of 10
creditfan
Established Contributor

search google for referral

new to schwab take 4-5 days for mobile deposit

after 3 months will post immediately

Message 3 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there! Does anyone in the forum use Charles Schwab checking?  How long does it take a check to clear from the mobile app? Can you write a check to yourself? Thanks.

Hi there! Does anyone in the forum use Charles Schwab checking? >>Yes 25+ Years

How long does it take a check to clear from the mobile app?>> Usually Same Day

Can you write a check to yourself?>> I have, And I don't see why Not? They use Bank of Mellon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bank_of_New_York_Mellon

Thanks.>> Your Welcome!

Edited to Add: I would highly Recommend  "Charles Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking"

“Own Your Tomorrow"

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be warned, it is a hard inquiry with Equifax.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there! Does anyone in the forum use Charles Schwab checking? How long does it take a check to clear from the mobile app? Can you write a check to yourself? Thanks.

I've thusfar had a great experience with Schwab, it's my main checking account. In my experience, the first 90 days checks will give you $200 immediately and the rest after 5 days. After 90 days, (depending on how the system rates you via balance, overdraws, etc) it's been instant. Snap a photo of the check, 3-7 minutes later I get a notification that it's been processed and ready for withdrawal.

Keep in mind, you do get a hard pull even if you decline options trading. Someone mentioned Schwab contacting them on open, no one called me when I opened my account. Though their CS is pretty top notch the couple times I called in with general questions. As far as writing yourself a check, I have no experience with that, but I don't see why not.

Between the super fast mobile deposit and free global ATM usage, I would highly recommend them. The account also earns (currently) 0.31% interest, down from 0.40%, but still higher than 0-0.01% a lot of checking accounts earn.

Message 6 of 10
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Best bank ever!

I write checks all the time between my Schwab account and HSBC account and it clears fast. I think last time I wrote a check to myself they deposited half the money immediatly into my Schwab account and the rest was cleared after a day or two.

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far I've been impressed with Schwab. Here are a few more features to consider:

-order free checks, including duplicates(!)
-order free postage-paid deposit envelopes
-24/7 customer service

There are some other functions I wish were available, but I suspect Schwab will have a sizable chunk of my banking in the days to come.

Message 8 of 10
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there! Does anyone in the forum use Charles Schwab checking? I am looking to set up an account but need a referral. Please PM if you are willing to help another user out...

Also: how long does it take a check to clear from the mobile app? Can you write a check to yourself? Thanks.

@Anonymous 

You don’t need a referral to open a checking account with Charles Schwab and asking for referrals of any kind is prohibited on these forums.  I have a checking account with CS and love it especially for the no ATM fees but I can not answer your specific questions because I have never used the mobile app.  When you open the account t, you’ll be contacted by a CS rep so you could ask that person. Be careful with how you would use the account

Once, a customer service rep told me the amount of money that's available from a check the same day depends on your checking account balance. So for instance, if you have $5,000 in your account and the check you deposit is $4,500... $4,500 should be available once the check has been reviewed. If your check deposited amount is $5,500, $5,000 of the check amount is available same day while the other $500 is available the next business day. 

Message 9 of 10
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So far I've been impressed with Schwab. Here are a few more features to consider:

-order free checks, including duplicates(!)
-order free postage-paid deposit envelopes
-24/7 customer service

There are some other functions I wish were available, but I suspect Schwab will have a sizable chunk of my banking in the days to come.

Yeah. I wish they had a cleaner interface for checking account transactions. It's not terrible, but man, it's just so white and there's no color contrast for every other transaction... It's so tough on the eyes sometimes. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.