Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best credit unions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best credit unions

Looking to get into a credit union penfed has been strict lately any ideas on other credit unions that are open for all

Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Best credit unions

What state are you in?!    

Message 2 of 8
creditfan
Established Contributor
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Looking to get into a credit union penfed has been strict lately any ideas on other credit unions that are open for all

Thanks

Some good credit unions that are open for all:

Langley FCU

Affinity FCU

Digital FCU

Andigo CU

Unify FCU

Vantage West FCU

Evansville Teachers FCU

Chartway FCU

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 8
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Depending what state you are in will skew the replies. When I lived in Florida, Vystar CU (Jacksonville area) was great option for those who could not get a Navy Federal membership.

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

Langley FCU

Affinity FCU

Digital FCU

Andigo CU

Unify FCU

Vantage West FCU

Evansville Teachers FCU

Chartway FCU

Maybe there is a loophole I don't know about but I thought VantageWest was enforcing the geo-fence nowadays.

VantageWest.PNG

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best is a bit subjective. Not all banks/credit unions do everything great.

You will probably get better recommendations if we know which products you are interested in.

Credit cards, auto loan, line of credit, personal loan, checking, savings?

If its credit cards for example, do you need high limits, low APR, good rewards?

Message 7 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

Langley FCU

Affinity FCU

Digital FCU

Andigo CU

Unify FCU

Vantage West FCU

Evansville Teachers FCU

Chartway FCU

Maybe there is a loophole I don't know about but I thought VantageWest was enforcing the geo-fence nowadays.

VantageWest.PNG

- Within Arizona but outside their area you can most likely be approved, their geographic area says if you "live, work, worship or volunteer" in those areas, so easy enough to say you go to church or volunteer in the area. But outside AZ they have shut it down after their 5% Visa became flavor of the month here on MyFico. I'm in Cochise county and have been with them since 2015, decent checking and CCs, they HP EX, I got a CC when I joined, 1 HP for membership & the CC.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.