cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best online site for free Last Will template?

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Best online site for free Last Will template?

Hi,

So here's too much information: I'm a nurse and I'm 54 years old,  I never exercise, I'm 5ft 7in tall and only weigh only 105lbs. I'm a 40 year smoker and have emphysema on CT but I'm never short of breath (unless I go up a few flights of stairs). Given all that (please don't feel bad for me because I really don't look or feel too bad at all -people just usually think I'm a runner) I decided I should make out a temporary will this weekend. I work in a hospital on psychiatric unit. I've been getting progressively more worried about COVID and now one of my unit coworkers has tested positive for it. I sat next to him last Sunday in report. We started wearing surgical masks at all times on Wednesday but I was exposed before the masks were given to us (I also don't think regular surgical mask are enough anyway).  My hospital is starting to admit more and more covid patients and staff are beginning to test positive too.  I was thinking of making out a will this weekend because even though I bought a Hyatt Legal Plan I never got around to doing my will. I have 2 children in their 30's and all of my assests and life insurance should be split 50-50 between them so it's not very complicated. I am still going to call Hyatt when I have time but I'm l actually moving to a new apartment on the 13th (unexpected move- talk about stress) so it might be a month before I can get to it. Because of all of this I think I should have something in the meantime -just in case. Can anyone recommend a free online website for me to make a do-it-yourself will? Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice. 

Hex

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: Best online site for free Last Will template?

I should mention that I went online to do it but I got the feeling that there was a high chance I was going to input all of my data only to be asked for money at the end. I don't need that extra stress right now so I thought of you guys.  I figure some MyFICOer could help point me in the right direction. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We used this site for my sister in law when she was unexpectantly diagnosed with stage 4 cancer https://eforms.com/wills/ . Just download the form, fill it out and follow what your state says about witnesses or notary. Be safe out there and I hope you didn't contract the virus. 

Message 3 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"follow what your state says about witnesses or notary."

+1

Very Important!

Message 4 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Hex, As a long time First Responder .. Thank you for your sacrifice to help others.

Message 5 of 8
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Be sure to have it notarized AND have the witnesses that has no involvement with your family.. I actually was asked by a lawyer at a Starbucks if i would witness and sign a will along with a friend of mine.. Ended up with a coffee for it.. Have a feeling the person it was for was having health issues and needed it now.... Also check if your Healthcare proxy on file is up to date, power of attourney,  possibly with a POLST/MOLST/DNR as well.. 

One thing i would also check is declare that youd prefer to be creamated if you so desire.. this bit my mother when she had to pay for a family members burial and she was not allowed to have them creamated .. 

Just had an additional thought, might get a lawyer to do a phone consult for short money esp since your a responder... at the least might get them to look it over when your finished..

Best wishes and hope to eff you don't need to invoke it...

-J

Message 6 of 8
Hex
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone. I found a site called doyourownwill.com that was fast and easy. No surprise fee at the end. It should work until I can get the free time to utilize my Hyatt Legal Plan. I will be careful about signatures/notary. Everyone keep safe. Wash your hands all the time- I've read the novel coronea virus  (Covid 19) can't survive if it gets soap on it. Try to avoid breathing anyone else's expired air. Keep out of other people's zones. Please take this seriously. 

Message 7 of 8
Hex
Valued Contributor

Thanks M_Smart007!

Thank you for being a first responder! I can't imagine what it would be like if didn't have you men and women. Probably the riskiest job of all. Please keep safe!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.