Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budgets

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Budgets

Good morning everyone! I'm just curious how you guys do your monthly  budgets? I know there are alot of excel spreadsheets and applications out there but I personally use a white board that I have hung up in my house and list all my  income and expenses on it for the month and once their paid I put a check mark next to them. What do you guys find easiest to use?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Budgets

YNAB.  Highly recommend it.

        
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning everyone! I'm just curious how you guys do your monthly  budgets? I know there are alot of excel spreadsheets and applications out there but I personally use a white board that I have hung up in my house and list all my  income and expenses on it for the month and once their paid I put a check mark next to them. What do you guys find easiest to use?

I use a simple spreadsheet that I made myself. It works for me. But I do follow YNAB on Facebook. If you don't want to pay for the program, they still have a lot of general information about budgeting that you can get for free on their website.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried YNAB and wasn't too impressed. I paid for Every Dollar for the year and really like that a lot in case none of you have tried it before

Message 4 of 18
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Did you try the new YNAB or YNAB4?

I am a huge fan of the new YNAB, it is nice to look ahead and knopw I have April funded and am bringing in money I will spend in May.

Timing bills to paychecks was my previous budget (didn't have one)

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use a spreadsheet that I did. That being said, almost every bill that I have is on auto pay.

Message 6 of 18
Kidcat
Established Contributor

YNAB all the way.  Changed my financial lifeSmiley Happy

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Goodbudget

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use YNAB, started with YNAB4 and am now on new YNAB. Changed our financial life completely and actually got me into using PIF credit cards. Highly recommend.

Message 9 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I use YNAB, started with YNAB4 and am now on new YNAB. Changed our financial life completely and actually got me into using PIF credit cards. Highly recommend.

OT but what's new in the current version?  Still on 4 myself.

        
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.