Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of being approved for loan?

tag
Tinkerbell319
Valued Member

Chances of being approved for loan?

Long story short my score is about 703.

I had a $500 loan with my credit union, will be making my last payment this month!

I need $6000 for a plastic surgery procedure!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances of being approved for loan?

Have you checked to see if the surgeon takes CareCredit? Those can be up to 24 months deferred interest and then you can take a personal loan to pay it off or BT it somewhere else. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would look into Care Credit as suggested. ^

With a score of 703 it's kind of borderline on getting a decent APR for a Loan. 

Message 3 of 6
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

If for a qualified medical expense and not cosmetic, look into using a HSA\FSA.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tinkerbell.  I recently just had plastic surgery done.  I've been planning to get a mommy makeover for some time.   

It's first best to find the right doctor.  After I found the right cosmetic surgeon for me, he suggested that I use United Medical Credit. 

I rarely use financing, I'm a pay as you kind of gal, but for this instance, I decided to get medical financing for my plastic surgery. 

Their plans are really good, some are same as cash as they explained. It just depends on your credit. I'm really happy and their support 

is really good.  Best of luck!  Info here  https://www.unitedmedicalcredit.com/patient-services/plastic-cosmetic-surgery-financing/

Message 5 of 6
AZEsq
Regular Contributor

@Tinkerbell319 wrote:
Long story short my score is about 703.

I had a $500 loan with my credit union, will be making my last payment this month!

I need $6000 for a plastic surgery procedure!

...Need? If it's an emergency procedure (like something with the nose due to an injury), insurance could cover it. Otherwise, "need" probably wasn't the correct word--I know, it's hard not to use that word out of context--and you can choose instant gratification (CareCredit @ 29%APR) or wait, save, and try to cashflow it. If you had a good payment history on your credit union loan, you could try to reapply with them. If you didn't, I would SERIOUSLY consider trying to cashflow this procedure.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.