Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase & Chexsystems

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase & Chexsystems

I just wanted to post this to give some hope to people with a chexsystems record. I have a record with chexsystems for a couple of different banks. I have been struggling to find a checking account at a brick & mortar bank like Chase, BOA, Wells Fargo, etc... and have come up empty. A couple of months ago I said screw it and decided to head into a Chase branch and try to open a checking account. I went in and sat down with a personal banker and went through the application process, she explained to me that there would be a credit check to see if I qualified for a checking account and when she said that, I was ready to be denied and be on my way. She ran my information and I was approved for a Chase Total Checking account as well as a Chase Savings account. I funded my accounts and picked out my debit card and walked out with a brochure with all the details of my new accounts. My debit card arrived in the mail a few days later and I have been using my new accounts ever since. I had heard stories about people opening an account and it being closed a few days later but mine has been open for a couple of months now and havent had any issues with it. So dont get down on yourself if you have a chexsystems record, you may still be able to get a solid checking account like I did!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase & Chexsystems

Chase is a founding member of the Early Warning System (EWS) consortium of banks which is different from Chex Systems.  They soft pull EWS for deposit accounts and its possible that EWS does not have the negative information.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for those great words of encouragement, I know someone needed to see it, could be the sign that they were looking for.

Message 3 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 4 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Thanks @M_Smart007 for posting this. Great information!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would probably still order my checksystems report and work on cleaning it up if I were you.

Message 6 of 7
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I would say applying in person makes a considerable amount of difference vs. online for most banks in my experience. I have opened up more than 12 accounts in the last year. 3-4 were denied online but I had zero questions asked when applying in person.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.