Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChexSystems report non-derogatory records

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ChexSystems report non-derogatory records

Hi, I was denied a bank account at Discover, they say in mail, they can't identify me (uneable to verify all accountholders), I guess that is what it mean, so I ordered my chexSystems report. I found 5 non-derogatory records. Could this be why they did not approved me? Does it have any impact? The letter said they never pulled-it, but they mentionned it.

[Edit]

Discover showed on my record for the date I applyed as Inquirer , so they did used it after all for some reasons.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: ChexSystems report non-derogatory records

Maybe they just need you to send in verification documentation?!   Have you tried reaching out to them?

Message 2 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

No, Chex is not used for that purpose. 

You need to look over your reports from three major CRAs and Sage Stream. 

Message 3 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

They would tell you if chexsys denial reason ask me how i know mise well add discover to one of my pains with Chexs in the past.  So not the reason.  Have discover savings, just not checking acct.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover showed on my record for the date I applyed as "Inquirer" , so they did used it after all for some reasons.

Message 5 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover showed on my record for the date I applyed as "Inquirer" , so they did used it after all for some reasons.

They use it to check for overdrafts, bounced chex, excessive DDA opening (sub chasing), but not for identity  verification. 

Again, three main CRAs and Sage Stream/ Innovis is what you should be checking for accuracy 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them back on your advice. They offered me to redo the applicaiton with them.  She was able to go through the application on the phone. That is the best part, listening to the music, lol.

I think the problem was that I did not sented 2 ID. Driver lisence and SSN card seperatly.

I got approved with in 15 min. I am very happy, I did not have to wait day's.

Very happy.

Message 7 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called them back on your advice. They offered me to redo the applicaiton with them.  She was able to go through the application on the phone. That is the best part, listening to the music, lol.

I think the problem was that I did not sented 2 ID. Driver lisence and SSN card seperatly.

I got approved with in 15 min. I am very happy, I did not have to wait day's.

Very happy.

@Anonymous, Congratulations on your Approval and welcome to the forum!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.