Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cashback Checking Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Cashback Checking Account

I think this is the right thread, hello everyone! How have you been?? Smiley Very Happy Just opened a checking account with them, I also have a Savings and a cashback card with them, I read the reviews for it, not to shabby, no fees, so it's all good! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Cashback Checking Account

It's my all-around favorite checking account except for the hold time on incoming ACH pulls. Instant transfer from savings though!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been really happy with them so far! Going on a few months and not a bad thing to say about them. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like Discover.  Free paper checks, no minimum balance for either the savings or checking, etc.  Instant availability of funds transfered between accounts, etc.

The 1% "cashback" feature on the debit card (mentioned in the subject line of this thread) will have no value to most people here, since you can get much better cashback rewards on no annual fee credit cards (2% at least, and usually 3% or 5% depending on the purchase type).

But as I say I still like Discover and use them a lot.

One caveat is that Discover only gives its sign up bonuses once per lifetime.  (As opposed to Chase, where you can open, get the bonus, and close every year.)  So some folks choose to put off opening a Discover deposit account until there is a particularly lucrative bonus being offered.  I waited for that on each of my three Discover deposit accounts.

Message 4 of 10
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

I’ve had mine for years and it was used heavily when it was offering 10 cents per bill pay. Basically in the sock drawer now or used as a firewall account. The new card looks cool though (white) 

D614C714-7FF7-4F3F-84C8-29043BF5ECA4.jpeg

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the design of the card, thank you all for the responses... Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Discover is really underrated, I like how their customer service is, both AMEX and Discover are one of my fave cards to have...

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SkyCommander wrote:

I’ve had mine for years and it was used heavily when it was offering 10 cents per bill pay. Basically in the sock drawer now or used as a firewall account. The new card looks cool though (white) 

D614C714-7FF7-4F3F-84C8-29043BF5ECA4.jpeg

I have one of these in my SD Smiley Happy

discover-2x1

I wasn't around for the $0.20/swipe awards though, that was back in 2015.

Message 8 of 10
excop01
Regular Contributor

I have the cash back checking also. i love it. I have checking and savings and cc with them. Love their customer service. I also have a checking acct with capital one along with savings and stock acct. They are pretty cool too,but no cash back. I hope they catch on. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@excop01 wrote:

I have the cash back checking also. i love it. I have checking and savings and cc with them. Love their customer service. I also have a checking acct with capital one along with savings and stock acct. They are pretty cool too,but no cash back. I hope they catch on. 

Other than the 0.20% APY, there are no advantages to Cap1. I would like to see them make their checking account more competetive, though I think they're focusing on CD and MMA rates.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.