Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does DCU use Chexsystems?

tag
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Does DCU use Chexsystems?

I just recently joined DCU. I opened a savings account for its "fanstasic" rate as they advertise while on hold for forever... However, I just submitted an application for their Free Checking so that I may get my direct deposit sooner. Does anyone know whether or not they use chexsystems?

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dmFICO8
Regular Contributor

Re: Does DCU use Chexsystems?

They pull ChexSystems when you join, they also pull ChexSystems when you open a checking, I have 2 pulls on my report when I opened my checking 2 weeks after membership in 2018. I could have saved 1 pull if opened at same time.

Message 2 of 6
sznthescore
Established Contributor

@dmFICO8 wrote:

They pull ChexSystems when you join, they also pull ChexSystems when you open a checking, I have 2 pulls on my report when I opened my checking 2 weeks after membership in 2018. I could have saved 1 pull if opened at same time.

Thanks @dmFICO8 Which is one of the reasons I started with just a savings to atleast get in the door. Submitted the checking account app immediately after getting approved for membership and savings.  If they come back with, unlock Chexsystems..... umm not happening.   I'll just go without. Guess I'll find out soon.... and according to you and me not unlocking my chexsystems report.... we both know the outcome.  We shall see...

REBUILDER CARDS

Message 3 of 6
sznthescore
Established Contributor

DCU does use chexsystems for checking accounts. I'm not unfreezing my report so a checking account is out for me with DCU. 

I withdrew the checking application and retained just the savings. Save, garden, and when the time is right to explore credit products; then I'll explore. 

REBUILDER CARDS

Message 4 of 6
sznthescore
Established Contributor

I succeeded with opening a checking account with DCU, after taking a look at my own Chexsystem report.  After looking at the report, I owed less than $500 to one bank and that was it. So I went forward with the checking account application and was approved. Looks like I'll be getting paid two days earlier now. Whoop whoop! My goal was to have this done with a credit union (getting paid 2 days earlier). I'm also surprised it was approved with the an entry showing that I owed an institution that was not paid.

REBUILDER CARDS

Message 5 of 6
BetterMoves
Regular Contributor

Congratulations to you!

Wells Fargo Active Cash
Discover it Chrome
Amazon Prime Store (Synchrony)
Walmart Store Card (Capital One)
Citi Costco Anywhere
American Express Blue Cash Preferred
American Express Hilton Honors Surpass
American Express Gold
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.