cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can one get into Navy Federal Credit Union without?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can one get into Navy Federal Credit Union without?

When I select "I am Eligible through Select Employee Group" and salect "Others", manually type my company name.

It says I am Eligible.

I filled the form and submitted it.

With opening of a checking account and setting up $5 ACH.

Now to wait for the Email.

Message 41 of 45
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

I think a lot more people can get into NFCU than realize it. Was a grandfather in the military or the National Guard? Or your mom or dad, or your brother or sister? Or, any of the above for your spouse? Once your spouse is in, you can get in.

I hadn't really thought about that!   As a non-citizen, none of my relatives have been in any US service, but my father-in-law served in the US Marines.   So, if it comes to it....

Message 42 of 45
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I don't know if you could directly join via your father in law. Maybe. It's worth calling and asking, IMO.

But if not, your spouse certainly could join, and once your spouse is in, you can join through them. Good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 43 of 45
vercetti

@Anonymous wrote:

When I select "I am Eligible through Select Employee Group" and salect "Others", manually type my company name.

It says I am Eligible.

@Anonymous 
sorry to revive a dinosaur 

but did this work for you? have you had any issues? 

Message 44 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vercetti wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It says I am Eligible.

@Anonymous 
sorry to revive a dinosaur 

but did this work for you? have you had any issues? 

I'm wondering the same thing. I used my employer (Microsoft) and it said I'm eligible. I applied and submitted my address verification, so now I have to wait.

As a fall back, my father IS an Army vet, but he doesn't have his DD-214 and I feel like it will be impossible to get a replacement for a while due to covid.

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.