cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel Amex BlueBird pre-paid card?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How to cancel Amex BlueBird pre-paid card?

Does any one know how to cancel Amex BlueBird pre-paid card? There is no option online to cancel the card. There is no phone number I can call into cancel. Did any one try to cancel their Ame Blue Bird pre-paid card ?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: How to cancel Amex BlueBird pre-paid card?

OMG, it took forever to find this. It was very well hidden in this FAQ link 

https://www.bluebird.com/faqs/?intlink=us-bluebird-marketing-home-prospectslp-InComm2018-header-fdic...

but I extracted what you need below:

Account Closure
How do I close (cancel) my Account?

You can close your Account, which will cancel your Card, online by logging into your Account and following the directions below. Please note in order to close your account your balance, and all subaccount balances must be $0. Also, all associated Subaccounts will be closed when you close your Account.

The fastest way to withdraw the balance of your Account is by ATM. You have access to free ATM withdrawals1 at over 30,000 ATMs in the MoneyPass® ATM network in the US.

Steps to close your Account online:

1. Make sure you have removed all funds from your account

2. Log into your Account

3. Once logged in, go to "Settings"

4. Then to the "Profile" tab

5. Then scroll down and click on "Close Account"

6. Finally click "Close Account"

If you need additional support, please call Customer Service at 877-486-5990.

1Transactions at non-MoneyPass® ATMs have a $2.50 American Express fee. ATM operator fees may also apply. See bluebird.com/atmfor details.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: How to cancel Amex BlueBird pre-paid card?

@CreditInspired wrote:

OMG, it took forever to find this. It was very well hidden in this FAQ link 

https://www.bluebird.com/faqs/?intlink=us-bluebird-marketing-home-prospectslp-InComm2018-header-fdic...

but I extracted what you need below:

Account Closure
How do I close (cancel) my Account?

You can close your Account, which will cancel your Card, online by logging into your Account and following the directions below. Please note in order to close your account your balance, and all subaccount balances must be $0. Also, all associated Subaccounts will be closed when you close your Account.

The fastest way to withdraw the balance of your Account is by ATM. You have access to free ATM withdrawals1 at over 30,000 ATMs in the MoneyPass® ATM network in the US.

Steps to close your Account online:

1. Make sure you have removed all funds from your account

2. Log into your Account

3. Once logged in, go to "Settings"

4. Then to the "Profile" tab

5. Then scroll down and click on "Close Account"

6. Finally click "Close Account"

If you need additional support, please call Customer Service at 877-486-5990.

1Transactions at non-MoneyPass® ATMs have a $2.50 American Express fee. ATM operator fees may also apply. See bluebird.com/atmfor details.

Thank you very much. I followed the instructions and I was able to cancel the card successfully. I no longer need this card and I do not want have to worry about it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.