Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INQUIRY NOT MADE ON CHEX

tag
debts
Valued Member

INQUIRY NOT MADE ON CHEX

i m interested in knowing what can be done if you know very strongly that the date of inquiry as shown on ChexReport is no way the date i ever requested a bank to open an account in my name. 

is it anyway possible that the date shown may very well be after Covid-19 opening & whenever that is, is exactly when they checked on my chexsys. 

What is better? checking with the bank first or disputing inquiry with chexsys. if bank comes back saying its legit, what happens next? 

how exactly do you report fraudulent inquiry to chexsys.

My Scores
6/18/15

TU: 678
EQ: 640
EX: 639
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: INQUIRY NOT MADE ON CHEX

QUESTION: What if the inquiries are from banks I’ve never had a bank account at and I don’t remember applying for these banks, is it wise to dispute these as fraud or leave alone? I recently just had a business account closed at my local Credit Union because they pulled my ChexSystems and seen I had a charge off account on there I haven’t paid back and they said I have more than 5 inquires and its “suspicious” so they can’t do business with me anymore.

A lot of the inquiries are on there from over two years ago. The ChexSystems website says they can be removed anywhere from 90 days up to 3 years from your report. Do they automatically fall off or do you have to fight to remove them?

ANSWER: ChexSystems inquiries initiated by the consumer can remain up to 3 years. If you did not initiate an inquiry, then you have the right to dispute that error. You can dispute directly with ChexSystems or directly with the bank that initiated the inquiry. Just don’t do both at the same time.

I would start with ChexSystems by simply disputing the inquiries as “No Permissible Purpose” if you did not authorize the banks to run your ChexSystems report. Even if some of the inquiries are from banks where you had accounts. It may be implied that a bank can run a ChexSystems report at any time, but you still DID NOT give your permission for them to do so. Also dispute any duplicate inquiries and request they be deleted too.

Dispute with ChexSystems first, if you get the desired result, you’re done.

Some banks and credit unions have a policy of denying customers who have 5 or more ChexSystems inquiries on their report within a two-year period. Either opening or attempting to open multiple bank account sends up a red flag that something problematic may be occurring. Even though it could be something simple like pursuing bank bonus sign-ups.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.