Or, I can continue to be paid bi-weekly for the next year BUT, if I move out of the area (I have plans to), or they find a comparable position and I decline it, then my severance ends immediately.
I haven't decided what to do. 🤔
Are your plans solid for moving?
Ok. At this point, I have decided to take the lump sum. I can stash the majority of it in one of my high yield savings accounts, so that it's earning interest but available for monthly withdrawals.
I can set it up for twice a month transfers like a regular paychwckwhile it's earning interest.
The giant withholding just means the possibility that I also get a refund next year for tax season.
Once I find another job, I can either turn the transfers off altogether or simply decrease them.
Thoughts? Anything else I should consider?
Sounds like a plan
I would take the lup sum. Some of the suitable replacement jobs are terrible and pay way below the current. They just offer them to you to get you to refuse. If you have a good skill set in high demand you may find a job quickly. Where I live every one is offering hiring bonus and 90 day bonus for almost anything including fast food, grocery and hiring paying skilled jobs. You could do something like that while looking for a suitable long term job.