Can anyone jin FCU?

Langley is open to everyone.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 21 of 68
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Langley Federal Credit Union

@BigBS wrote:

Based on AJC's DPs and those of others that I could find decided to pull the trigger.  Here are my data points for Langley.  Applied for membership late on the evening of 20 Dec and they pulled EQ (797 after pull with 12 INQs) with 6 figure income.  Membership approved early afternoon of the 21st and applied for the Cash Back VISA Sig card and Line of Credit.  Got a call Saturday morning (22 Dec)  notifying me I was approved for both (Cash Back VISA - $25K/11.25% APR, LOC - $10K).  Received the card on Saturday, 29 Dec.  Look forward to building the relationship with them as the customer service seemed superb in the 2 situations of dealing with them.

Fantastic approvals BigBSSmiley Happy. These guys are fantastic in the couple times ive talked to and i just await my free cash to hit my baby Savings from their December promoSmiley Happy

Message 22 of 68
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I’ll add Langley to my 700+ list. I sure would like to replace my SSFCU card with something better. If they have transaction alerts, they’re already 10 times better than SSFCU that doesn’t even have them if you have their app!

Thanks for the DPs Smiley Happy

Just to add, i did finally add alerts to my cc. Meh. After a couple trsnsaction,  finally received a text asking if those charges were fraud, said no and all good. But subsequent transactions no yexts so no clue why not instsnt. Just a heads upSmiley Wink

Message 23 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I’ll add Langley to my 700+ list. I sure would like to replace my SSFCU card with something better. If they have transaction alerts, they’re already 10 times better than SSFCU that doesn’t even have them if you have their app!

Thanks for the DPs Smiley Happy

Just to add, i did finally add alerts to my cc. Meh. After a couple trsnsaction,  finally received a text asking if those charges were fraud, said no and all good. But subsequent transactions no yexts so no clue why not instsnt. Just a heads upSmiley Wink

So the same useless system SSFCU has where you only get notified if they think it’s fraud? How about app support? Push notification option there?

Edit: No, I found their app on the App Store and people don’t seem to like it very much either. I guess you have to temper your expectations with these smaller CUs. 

Message 24 of 68
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Exactly, im not an app person so that matters very little to me but at least my payments post lolSmiley Wink
Message 25 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly, im not an app person so that matters very little to me but at least my payments post lolSmiley Wink

I am all about the apps lol. 

2B22AE2E-52BF-47EB-81A8-71912A58118B.jpeg

I have OCD when it comes to balances and payments so I check my apps constantly. 

The SSFCU myBranch app isn’t great but it’s not as dated as the Langley interface lol. 

Message 26 of 68
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just an additional data point. My LOC is now reporting to Experian and Eq as a new account.
Message 27 of 68
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Recently tried for the cash back visa as it seems there are some interesting 5% rotating cats , at least in the few months ive been a member. I applied on Sunday, Monday morning they called me about 10 am, yes, they are quick to follow up on an application, and was informed i was approved . Yeah! But mid call the csr agent realized i would have to cancel my low apr visa. Apparently im not qualified to have two credit cards so not sure if thats because of income, history, or what not. Said thank you but i like to kerp my low apr card. Withdrew app though i already got hard pull.

A few days later i figured let me try for a Line of Credit to utilize same pull and not have anything to show. Decided to just try for $2000 and put in my application. Wouldnt you know it, they called me back and said APPROVEDSmiley Happy. My first Line of Credit ever. And its at a respectable 9. 25% . They just send you e documents that you sign and easy peasy , its in my account.

So feel free to add data points as you join . I believe my last approval of the LOC had me at 755 Eq . Ive also started a small savings with Langley. Probably better rates out there but heck, a penny saved a penny earnedSmiley Wink. Also dont think they restrict you geographically. Not a branch anywhere even remotely close to meSmiley Wink

Do you know if that Cash Back Visa 5% category changes monthly? Just checked it and it say 5% on groceries & wholesale - January only. Might be interesting if it changes monthly but could be hard to keep up with, Discover 5% quarterly is hard enough to keep in mind - I was at a grocery store Friday and started to pull out my usual Amex BCE for 3% and remembered just in time Disco started 5% groceries Jan. 1. 

Great you're having such good experience with Langley. I'm not very happy with Pentagon either, but I just have the required Share savings. I got a nice HELOC with them in 2017, but still shaking my head that it took them 3 1/2 months to get it done. They did approve me for a PCR card when I joined, but with a low limit. I closed it after only 6 months when I got PayPal 2% Cashback card and decided it wasn't worth keeping $500 in Penfed checking to avoid fees and get 2% on PCR. BTW, the lowest APR on Select is now 9.25% while the lowest on Cashback is 11.25%. For a difference of only 2% APR I'll take Cashback, but I'm big on rewards and don't carry a balance unless it's 0% promo.

Message 28 of 68
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hi Dave, yeah not too bad an apr for the cashback. From what ive seen , it looks like each month might be something different . Whenever i logged in Oct and November i believe i saw 2 different cats but it might be worth a call to verify this. With as much credit as i have and with my low income im astounded on what theyve given me but grateful for it. Now i might not get much more but im ok with it just a fast different experience than Penfed. . Maybe ill give them a call tomorrow just to ask about the CB card. Ill post whatever they may say.Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 68
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Langley has one of the longer credit apps. Standard information but also asks about any new credit applications in the last 60 days etc.

As I am on the wagon (in the garden) I will let me checking and savings accounts with them mature.

Message 30 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.