Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Application - Membership question

tag
MyFault
Valued Contributor

NFCU Application - Membership question

So, i'm interested in joining NCFU to apply for a CC in the future. I'm also seriously considering leaving BofA and creating a checking & savings account with NFCU.

I have not served in the military, however my father was in the Navy. The website says i'm eligible because of this.

Do i need him to create an NFCU account, so i can then create one? Or is there a way to create an account with them just being eligibile via him being my father?

The website is slightly confusing regarding how exactly to open an account if you're not yourself an active person in the military or veteran.

|  
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Application - Membership question

I was in same boat just a few weeks ago. All you you need to do is call the customer service number. Tell them your father was in Military and they set your account up over the phone. No verification needed from me. You can fund with CC or Debit card. They set up your online account as well which allows you to apply. Whole process took 15 min.
Message 2 of 9
MyFault
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was in same boat just a few weeks ago. All you you need to do is call the customer service number. Tell them your father was in Military and they set your account up over the phone. No verification needed from me. You can fund with CC or Debit card. They set up your online account as well which allows you to apply. Whole process took 15 min.

Great! Thank you for the info!!

|  
Message 3 of 9
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Just wanted to update, i called today and opened a checking & savings account with NFCU. I'm going to move most my cash, and direct deposits from BofA to NFCU moving forward, and now being a member will allow me easy access to their CC's in the future.
I'm excited to be part of the NFCU family! Thanks for the help!

|  
Message 4 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!!!https://i.imgur.com/8GZwgR1.gif

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations but make sure you get a copy of his DD-214 just in case they ask for it. You don’t want to have an audit and get your accounts frozen for verification. 

Welcome to the family. I love NFCU! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
MyFault
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations but make sure you get a copy of his DD-214 just in case they ask for it. You don’t want to have an audit and get your accounts frozen for verification. 

Welcome to the family. I love NFCU! Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Great info, I'll ask him to send a copy next time i talk to him!

I'm also waiting a bit before moving everything over, so i won't have to worry about being locked out with no money because i jumped the gun.

|  
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

There hasn’t been a report of them locking anyone out in awhile but better to be safe than sorry. The reports that I read about it happening in the past were downright awful, with some members having their accounts frozen weeks trying to get the problem fixed. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on joining NFCU!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.