Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC Approval with no Application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLOC Approval with no Application

OK - so this one is strange.

DW joined NFCU about a month and a half ago and was approved for a Platinum Visa with $4600 SL. SHE DID NOT APPLY FOR A CLOC. A week ago she receives a letter saying that it was their second attempt to request a signed prom note for a CLOC. We never received a first letter. Strange... We figured, WTH. She signed the form, uploaded and sent it in through the secure message system. Next thing you know she has a $15K CLOC!

Couldn't believe it. No POI requested. Her data points are still basically the same as what I listed here when she joined 6 weeks ago:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/2-NFCU-Approvals-with-Thin-files/m-p/5034610

We then decided to have her apply for an unsecured personal loan for $1000 just to diversify her credit mix. Instant approval at 16%. Weird.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLOC Approval with no Application

My story is similar to yours. I joined then applied for the CLOC but got an error message when I hit the sumbit button stating that it didn't go through. I called them and they showed no record of my application so I decided to wait and not follow through. A week later I received the Agreement in the mail for $15,000. Either the app did go through and they didn't see it when I called or it was a fluke deal like yours... 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.