Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLOC

Monday night I was lurking around the Navy Federal site paying off my $500 limit cash rewards card so I can use it again this month. Trying to run a decent amount through it and pay in full multiple times a month since they gave me the toy limit. Decided Monday night to pull the trigger on the Checking Line Of Credit. Submitted the application and received an error message saying the application could not be submitted and I should call customer service to proceed. It was pretty late at night and I didn't bother. Woke up the next morning and had completely forgot about it until I received an alert that day that there was a hard inquiry on my Equifax. So today I sent a secure message to customer service asking for a status on the loan. Received a messahe back stating that I was aproved for full asking amount ($10,000 I know, should have asked for max amount) at their lowest available interest rate (13.9%). As stated above they pulled EQ not sure which version (Fico 8: 729 Fico 9: 753) This makes $30,000 in available credit lines. Excluding this line I was at 8% utilization. Just figured I would put some data points out there if anyone is interested.

Screenshot_20180425-125152.jpg

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU CLOC

Congrats! I did the same thing when I app'd for CLOC, approved for $10k, after 90 days I asked for a CLI to $15k, approved. At least you know it will grow at least once but at the expense of an HP.

Robot Very Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly didn't think I was going to get approved after they gave me the toy limit on the CC so figured I'd play it safe and not swing for the fences. Even though they did give me a great auto loan pre approval last month that it doesn't look like I'll be using now.
Message 3 of 6
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Lol, very similar experience. Opened account approved for cashRewards with a $500 limit, **bleep**!? CLOC at $10k and refinanced a vehicle.

CLI'd my CR card went to $1500 and app'd for 2nd card and approved $15k as well as CLI on the CLOC to $15k.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're so strange sometimes. Looking forward to testing out that Cli button next month tho.
Message 5 of 6
Snipper117
Contributor

How long was your account open before you applied for CLOC?  I received same limit.  Thank you.

10/07/2020 BK7 Discharged Papers Received
10/07/2020 FICO 8 SCORES EXP 586 EQU 610 TU 557
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.