Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU...MAYBE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU...MAYBE?

Hello, I've been a long time lurker and I've been reading the boards and I saw a lot of posts about NFCU and how awesome they are. I noticed where they began accepting veterans and I happen to be a veteran. I filled out the application online for checking only and got the "under review" message.  I received an email Sunday saying "Documentation Needed to Complete Your Membership."

I submitted my tax documents and a copy of my ID today. Got an email back stating "Please allow us five business days to review them, and once you’re approved, we’ll mail your membership information to you within ten business days." Of course I'm extremely impatient and I get nervous since I am rebuilding credit and things don't usually work out my way LOL.

I received an alert from Experian saying that I had a new financial update and there was an update that said there was a new account opened? I'm hoping that this means I'm in and they just had to verify who I was!  Do you think this is the case?

Financial Account Activity - Bank Account Opening

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU...MAYBE?

Hi & welcome to the forums!

This is exactly how my membership began - including the Experian alert. A few days later, I received my account / membership # and ATM card and was able to log into my account and app for a CC & CLOC. About a week after that I received the actual "Membership Package".

So, i would say, "Congrats! Welcome to Navy..."
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s refreshing! Fingers crossed! From what I read they are awesome to get in with if you can!
Message 3 of 10
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Thank you for your service and congrats on NFCU!!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no word from Navy!  GAHHHH this is driving me crazy!   I did call yesterday to see if I could kind of push it along but they told me to try calling back tomorrow afternoon.  I have a feeling it's denied but why would my financial alerts show the account opened?

Message 5 of 10
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Sunnie_Daze I would rather have NFCU do triple checks on everything needed for membership then have them accept you really FAST and put your accounts on FREEZE!

Trust me nobody wants their money FROZEN because NFCU membership team rushed an application. I know it sucks but let them do what they need to do and I'm sure you're fine!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were right Fit! I was patient and I got my welcome email yesterday evening! They didn’t accept my proof of address so I sent my bank statement and I’m just waiting for them to unlock everything! IM A NFCU MEMBER! Yassssss!
Message 7 of 10
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

CONGRATS!!!
Message 8 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You were right Fit! I was patient and I got my welcome email yesterday evening! They didn’t accept my proof of address so I sent my bank statement and I’m just waiting for them to unlock everything! IM A NFCU MEMBER! Yassssss!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new NFCU membership!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.