Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Navcheck question

tag
rubberman2003
Established Member

NFCU Navcheck question

I was approved for a 4K navcheck a few days ago.  Could someon explain to me how this works.  I know I can use it as a loan.  Say my interest rate is 13.95%

Say i take out 3K, how long do i have to pay it back and what would my payments be?  THanks all

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Navcheck question

Navcheck is a line of credit that backs up your checking account. It's not really a loan; if you overdraw your checking it won't show as overdrawn the difference will be taken from your Navcheck. The amount used will be like a credit card payment with interest accruing at your 13% rate. You would pay it back just like a credit card payment.
Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 2 of 7
rubberman2003
Established Member

I guess the daily interest confuses me lol

Message 3 of 7
msbia
Established Contributor

Interest starts accruing from the day you use the Navcheck. It is good to have backup for your checking account, but I personally use my Navcheck for utilization purposes. You should at some point request the max of $15,000 on your Navcheck.

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 4 of 7
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

NFCU will issue you checks to draw against the CLOC/NAVCHECK

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msbia wrote:
Navcheck is a line of credit that backs up your checking account. It's not really a loan; if you overdraw your checking it won't show as overdrawn the difference will be taken from your Navcheck. The amount used will be like a credit card payment with interest accruing at your 13% rate. You would pay it back just like a credit card payment.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msbia wrote:

That's not entirely true.  While it does serve as an overdraft protection they also issue you checks that you can write against your LOC for any purpose which in effect is a loan.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.