Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more Softcard

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

No more Softcard

Wow just got an email saying it will no longer work after 3/31. It advised us to use google wallet.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: No more Softcard

@JSS3 wrote:
Wow just got an email saying it will no longer work after 3/31. It advised us to use google wallet.

Google bought Softcard, so this makes total sense. Why would they run 2 mobile payment services concurrently?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 2 of 15
yfan
Valued Contributor

Oh but don't fret, Samsung had to go do what it does best: develop redundant applications for its Android devices. Enter Samsung Pay.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the email as well. Guess this means I need to shred the Amex Serve card I don't even use anyway. Contactless payments are really still too new across the board anyways.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha yeah I have an S4. They also acquired Looppay as well
Message 5 of 15
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got the email as well. Guess this means I need to shred the Amex Serve card I don't even use anyway. Contactless payments are really still too new across the board anyways.

Serve will still exist, but Softcard (ISIS wallet) will not.  So, curious to see if the $1,500 montly CC load with Softcard will resort to the $1,000 for regular Serve.

Message 6 of 15
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@yfan wrote:

Oh but don't fret, Samsung had to go do what it does best: develop redundant applications for its Android devices. Enter Samsung Pay.

You are deeply misinformed. Samsung Pay will win over Apple Pay, because it not only work using NFC, it also works with normal terminal that accept magnetic stripe. I cant wait to test it on my note edge

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigbang91 wrote:

@yfan wrote:

You are deeply misinformed. Samsung Pay will win over Apple Pay, because it not only work using NFC, it also works with normal terminal that accept magnetic stripe. I cant wait to test it on my note edge

One side you are right (for now) but come October 2015 all merchants are to convert their terminals to the new chip technology. From a technology point of view, Apple is one step ahead of Samsung.

We'll just to wait and see who wins come a year from now?

http://mashable.com/2015/03/03/samsung-pay-security/

Message 8 of 15
bigbang91
Established Contributor

balboa wrote:

bigbang91 wrote:

yfan wrote:

One side you are right (for now) but come October 2015 all merchants are to convert their terminals to the new chip technology. From a technology point of view, Apple is one step ahead of Samsung.

We'll just to wait and see who wins come a year from now?

http://mashable.com/2015/03/03/samsung-pay-security/

They still have 7 months to add chip ability on, and embedded prefix emv code, which make the terminal think that its reading emv chip. So yeah, we will see who wins. Btw, technically, using samsung pay is not a card present situation i assume, which does not fall under the new liability shift. 

P/s:samsung pay will work worldwide, while apple pay for now us only, score 1 already 

Message 9 of 15
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Serve will still exist, but Softcard (ISIS wallet) will not.  So, curious to see if the $1,500 montly CC load with Softcard will resort to the $1,000 for regular Serve.

I'm curious to see how this will affect the current $0 monthly fee for the Serve for us who got it through the Serve-Softcard (ISIS) deal (I have a card that has both Serve and ISIS branding), i.e., I'm wondering if the no fee will be grandfathered in or if they'll start charging the fee now that there will be no more Softcard.

The fee chart on https://www.serve.com/softcard/ seems to make a distinction between a Serve card that's in a Softcard account and the co-branded one that was opened by signing up through Softcard which seems to imply that the co-branded one's fee should not be necessarily affected by the dissapearance of Softcard, but who knows.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.